topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:19 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Anti-Drone Technology  (Read 3146 times)

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Anti-Drone Technology
« on: March 22, 2013, 06:59 PM »

Protect your home from drones (in the U.S.)
A startup plans to sell anti-drone technology to those who want to defend themselves from the thousands of commercial drones that are expected to one day troll the U.S. skies.

http://www.smartplan...ones-in-the-us/15619

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Anti-Drone Technology
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 11:22 PM »
Gonna be interesting to see how fast they go from being a start-up to being shut down by the feds. I give it 6 months tops. 8)

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 07:09 PM »
Gonna be interesting to see how fast they go from being a start-up to being shut down by the feds. I give it 6 months tops. 8)

Yeah, but as long as shotguns with 00 buck-shot is legal, they'll have a hell of a time keeping them in the air.  Honestly, I thought it was a hawk raiding my chickens!!!   >:D  lol

Funny thing, I saw in one of my magazines a drone fitted with a camera that you can buy for like $79.00 U.S.  Can you say "KAMIKAZI"?

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 11:09 PM »
Yeah, but as long as shotguns with 00 buck-shot is legal, they'll have a hell of a time keeping them in the air.  Honestly, I thought it was a hawk raiding my chickens!!!   >:D  lol

Considering the limited range of a shotgun with any anything except rifled slugs or sabot rounds, I think I'd rather have the Redback Weapon System.

It'd look right at home on your Hummer too....for those early morning rush hour slogs to work ;)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 07:45 AM »
Yeah, but as long as shotguns with 00 buck-shot is legal, they'll have a hell of a time keeping them in the air.  Honestly, I thought it was a hawk raiding my chickens!!!   >:D  lol

Absolutely! ;D I'm a firm believer in the "Oh! I'm sorry. Did I just break something? My bad!" approach to dealing with offensive or intrusive technology.

dropped-laptop-repair-231x300.png

Where the idea originally came from
Comedian George Carling once did a routine on baseball and players getting kicked out of games. The line that went down in history said something along the lines of: If you're on a team, next time you get upset by an umpire's call, don't argue with him. Don't gesticulate or yell or 'bill' him with your hat. Just throw up on him. Hey look...You're very sorry. But you suddenly felt sick. They can't kick you out of the game for that.

But it wasn't so much about their technology being anti-drone as it most likely involves some form of jamming or signal interference. That's something that doesn't generally sit too well with the authorities-  no matter who it's getting directed against. And for good reason.
 8)

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 07:01 PM »

Considering the limited range of a shotgun with any anything except rifled slugs or sabot rounds, I think I'd rather have the Redback Weapon System.

It'd look right at home on your Hummer too....for those early morning rush hour slogs to work ;)

Ah, but I plan on using my 12 gauge Ulti_Mag for that "Reach Out And Touch Someone" effect.  hehehe  I only use my regular 12 gauge for shooting critters at night with it's attached Tactical Light.   :P

Yep, as pretty as that system would look sitting up on top of my H2, the feds would have a shit-fit, especially when driving to town to go shopping.  lol  Seriously though, it's against the law in the U.S. to even purchase a system like that.  Fully automatic = You can't own....  You couldn't even purchase it without the proper paperwork.