For the first par you're right. I am sorry but I missed difference between entire workspace and screen.
But for second - it is little different.
What would I expect is not to have fixed sized rectangle which is like an overlay but rather automatic shot instead.
- navigate somewhere and hit fixed shortcut,
- overlay rectangle appears with mouse in top left corner,
- you need to click and screenshot is done.
And it doesn't work nice with timed capture and applications menus.
What I would like to get:
- navigate somewhere,
- hit shortcut,
- screenshot done - rectangle with centre at mouse position.
On the other hand: it would be also nice to have little more options for interface visibility:
- mouse follow - allow SC editor GUI to be always shown on one (specified) monitor,
- w/o mouse follow - respect settings and i.e. have it always minimized.
I am just thinking how SC could be even easier to use for my 2 monitors…