topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 4:49 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Suggestion: Renaming file before coping to clipboard  (Read 2964 times)

Zanzlanz

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Suggestion: Renaming file before coping to clipboard
« on: February 17, 2013, 12:02 PM »
Screenshot Captor is an amazing program with lots of great features, but there's just one feature that I've been really wanting.

When I take a picture, I generally just copy it to the clipboard, to share over Skype.  The problem is that the file name is always a timestamp, which is not what I like.  I would like to send the file through Skype with a specific file name.

To do this now, I have to save the file to my computer, and then send it over Skype.  To me, this wastes space and time.

A possible way to incorporate this into the program, is to make the "Copy to Clipboard" button (on the pop-up dialog) have a right-click (or shift-click?) option to give it a custom file name.
Or there could just be an option in the preferences to turn the feature on.

Thank you!
And if this is already possible, I'd like to know how I can enable it.  Thank you :)

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Suggestion: Renaming file before coping to clipboard
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 12:08 PM »
Check out the settings, there are at least a dozen of options for naming the file and even for not saving to disk.

Zanzlanz

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 12:40 PM »
I looked for a quite a while in the options... I couldn't find it, and I ended up having to revert everything because everything I tried messed up something else.  I wouldn't have made an account here if I was able to fix it right
Is there a specific option I should be looking for to show a naming dialog when saving to the clipboard?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 12:56 PM »
Look at the File Naming Template tab in options.

Zanzlanz

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 02:53 PM »
Well, that's what I was already looking at, but it doesn't do what I request.  They are default file names, rather than the clipboard name.

Clipboard names look like this: IMG_17022013_154812.png

I'll just have to deal with it - just wanted to see if there was an easier way ^-^