topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 6:11 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Capturing new image over an older image?  (Read 2288 times)

Xparrot

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Capturing new image over an older image?
« on: February 16, 2013, 10:06 PM »
There might be a way to do this already; I'm not sure! Have looked over the docs but didn't see it, so apologies if this is self-evident...

I've been making annotated screencaps for a tutorial for using a website. However the website not infrequently changes some of the layout, features, etc, so the screencaps need to be changed.  However, most of the annotations tend to remain the same.

What I'm wondering is if there's a way to keep all the objects (my annotations) of an old screencap, but take a new screencap in its place for the objects to be overlaid on top of?

The closest I've found to doing this is to select the objects and copy them over to a new screencap, which works reasonably well except that some of the objects in the copying tend to shift around or occasionally vanish entirely.  Is there a better way to do this?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Capturing new image over an older image?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 10:19 PM »
This is an interesting request.. There is no better way to do it currently but I could actually add a function like "Import objects from other screenshot" fairly easily..