topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:47 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Warp field mechanics 101  (Read 6074 times)

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Warp field mechanics 101
« on: September 21, 2012, 09:47 PM »
This is a serious article by a NASA physicist about the actual possibility of making a warp drive. He is also doing a lab test of the theory. Don't try this at home!  Trekies and true nerds should be the ones most interested in it.  Don't wear a red shirt while reading the article. No screenshots, nerds don't need no screenshots!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 05:07 AM by Arizona Hot »

SeraphimLabs

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • Be Ready
    • View Profile
    • SeraphimLabs
    • Donate to Member
Re: Warp field mechanics 101
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 11:20 PM »
What's most fascinating about this is they actually found mathematical equations to match what I've long suspected about how the Star Trek warp drive works.

It is also possible to "time warp" a warp drive- you effectively outrun your warp field, creating a temporal flux in a similar manner to a sonic boom.

Still reading through this, I'll get back to you with other observations.

Arizona Hot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 11:59 PM »
While looking for a working link to the paper above, I found a site with more exotic research. The link to the paper is betwen the article and the comments.

Harold White Warp Field Mechanics Update

Q-thruster.jpg

If you liked that article, try the next one also.

Can doping graphite trigger room temperature superconductivity? Evidence for granular high-temperature superconductivity in water-treated graphite powder

If I find a site with blueprints for a device for traveling into the past, I will post it also.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 12:07 AM by Arizona Hot »

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 12:37 AM »
Can doping graphite trigger room temperature superconductivity? Evidence for granular high-temperature superconductivity in water-treated graphite powder

Time to get your your pencils~! ;D

(I have GOT to read this. Sounds pretty interesting!)

If I find a site with blueprints for a device for traveling into the past, I will post it also.

This is Renegade from the future... I know I'm going to read this, so... DO NOT MAKE ARABIC COFFEE IN THE MORNING! You'll take a sip, burn yourself on the boiling water like you always do with tea, then trip, spill it all over your computer and completely monkey the whole thing up! Got it?

That's odd... I just stepped out for a cigarette and that message was there... Hmmm... Must be an impostor. I wouldn't have given a crap and would have given myself the winning lottery numbers for all the upcoming lotteries. Now the mystery is... Who was it? :P

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

SeraphimLabs

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • Be Ready
    • View Profile
    • SeraphimLabs
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 12:04 PM »
Wait a second.

Capacitors... of the fluxing kind.

So Doc Brown was on the path of making a warp drive with his Delorian.

Fascinating.

That also explains the space matrix restoration coils. They're using high power EMPs to distort space-time.

Oh my god this could actually work.

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 12:38 PM »
"John O'Connor! Install my Overthruster!!"  :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 01:08 PM »
Some may be tempted to travel a great distance into the future, believing if they exist thousands of years from now, they cannot be killed in the present.

Therein lies the trap. You race forward in time until you no longer exist.  Your whole life from the start of the journey consists of sitting in a stupid time machine waiting to see how far into the future you can go.  When you hit your limit you just wink out.  Rather ironic.  Those most greedy to have it all end up with nothing but a boring ride. :)