topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:38 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: BrowserTraySwitch thinks there's a new Firefox every time I reboot my computer  (Read 7888 times)

Cornan

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
1) Every time I reboot, BTS thinks that Firefox has been updated (on three separate computers, all running Windows 7)

2) When I right-click on the tray icon, BTS brings up the "Save profile" dialog again (apparently also for Firefox) before also displaying the context menu (with About..., etc.)

BTS is really useful as we need to support multiple browsers in our development.

Any chance of an update?  Or is it RIP time for BTS?

Thanks!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Hi Cornan and welcome to the site.

BrowserTraySwitch doesn't get much attention from me these days just because so few people use it.

I happen to use FireFox and haven't used BTS in a long time, but it isn't exhibiting that behavior for me.

Have you tried deleting all the browser configuration files for BTS and recreating them?

Perhaps the phenomena has something to do with interaction with another browser -- perhaps you could do a little more testing and tell me whether your problem happens on reboot even if you dont ever switch browsers, or does it only happen when you change to a particular browser and then back again to Firefox?

Cornan

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Fiddled around a little, the pop-up "Save As..." somehow switched to saving in ".../Documents"

instead of C:\Users\werfling\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\seldom used\Documents\DonationCoder\BrowserTraySwitch\BrowserFiles

The files in the latter location were both pretty old.

So... let's see where it looks now (I'll wait for a "real" reboot to see).

Thanks for the REPLY.

I was thinking it somehow related to the frequent version number updates Firefox has been doing.

kemajor

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
BrowserTraySwitch doesn't get much attention from me these days just because so few people use it.

I have recently come across a need for this and when I did a web search there were only two big hits.  I was excited to see one was from DonationCoder since I'm a supporter.

I was disappointed to read your quoted comment.  Perhaps if you no longer have any interest in developing this *and* I find that it needs some TLC (I'm using Win8 Pro x64 w/all current browsers) you would be willing to release the source code so I could take advantage of your research and testing to roll my own.

Regards,
Kelly E Major