topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:28 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Directory filtering not working the way it used to  (Read 3160 times)

Paul Gardner

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Directory filtering not working the way it used to
« on: October 09, 2012, 01:31 PM »
Version 2.200.01

I have a directory : network share "m:\Reference Dir\SDD"

Inside that, I have multiple documents named following a convention:  csc###sdd.doc.  For example:
   csc100sdd.doc
   csc632sdd.doc
   csc664.doc

The last one you'll notice doesn't follow the convention, and the directory listing in FARR doesn't show it.

My FARR command line will contain "m:\Reference Dir\SDD 100", and the first one will appear in the results.  Ditto for the 2nd.  If I enter "m:\Reference Dir\SDD 66", the third file will not show up, and it used to.

With some experimenting, I discovered that if I manually entered "m:\Reference Dir\SDD\ 66", then that 3rd line will appear.  However, if I have a Restart alias (which is where I first encountered this issue), I still don't get a result.
 Actual Alias string is "DESIGN (66) | RESTARTSEARCH M:\REFERENCE DIR\SDD\ 66"

It appears that the same of the directory (SDD) is somehow getting involved with the manual entry, and I'm not sure what's occuring with the alias.  Maybe the last \ is being ignored?  Originally, the last \ wasn't there - I put it in when I discovered the manual entry worked with the \, but to no avail.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Directory filtering not working the way it used to
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 03:21 PM »
thanks for the report, that's quite odd.  i'll try to reproduce..
can you check to make sure in the alias that the space is really a space and that there is nothing at the end of the line..
that is, perhaps try editing that alias and re-saving it.

Paul Gardner

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Directory filtering not working the way it used to
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 05:47 AM »
can you check to make sure in the alias that the space is really a space and that there is nothing at the end of the line..
that is, perhaps try editing that alias and re-saving it.

There was no space at the end of the line, and I delete the space between "SDD" and "66", and readded it.  No avail.

In my example, I only provided a single instance.  The actual folder I'm using has 154 files, of which about 7 files are affected.  Unfortunately, this is a coporate folder of designs, and I can't rename the files  :(

On a related note, while looking at the files, I noticed this instance of what appears to be the same bug
Files
   csc43.3sdd.doc
   csc43.3 blah blah.doc

Using an alias of
   "DESIGN (43) | RESTARTSEARCH M:\REFERENCE DIR\SDD\ 43"
the first file will appear in the restarted results, the 2nd will not.

Paul