topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 9:56 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: ScummVM Front End by Shed from BCB-Tools  (Read 5931 times)

Shed

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ScummVM Front End by Shed from BCB-Tools
« on: April 18, 2006, 05:14 AM »
ScummVM: it's a kind of emulator for some games based on Scumm system developed in LucasArts graphic adventures originally, and used for other games like Beneath a Steel Sky, Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle...etc

This games, don't work usually in Windows XP systems, but with this emulator, you can execute on Windows XP fine...

Your need have 3 things:

ScummVM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.scummvm.org/

ScummVM Front End (optional) allow you configurate the various reescaling and filter modes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
well...as the same way of DOSBox Front End...this other FrontEnd acts same way for ScummVM emulator

http://www.cyberscope-station.com/frikidune/abbandonwarePC/scummvm_frontened_by_Shed.zip

and the DOS games mentioned....that can found at Abbandonware websites and resources on network
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 08:20 PM by Shed »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: ScummVM Front End by Shed of BCB-Tools
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 05:25 AM »
you can enter as many apps in the contest as you want :)

shed, if you feel like it, it might be nice to give people a link to scummvm and talk a little bit about what scummvm is and how its used, and what the front end adds, etc.

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 07:52 AM »
<3 ScummVM  :-*

I wouldn't call it an emulator though, it's more like a "lucasarts custom game format player" - they have their own virtual machine/scripting language. Quite impressive, considering just how old some of their early adventure games are!
- carpe noctem

Shed

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 01:42 PM »
If i show you my Tic Tac Toe implementation in a Olivetti-M20 machine...that's older and antique stuff ;D

The problem is that this machine "died" some years ago (but don't have HD... and something like CGA graphic cards not invented neither....

anyway...make this hit at early age (12 years old) something that career people still don't know how code ....it's a reason to be peacefully in my mind ...heehhe

really i'm so OLD???!?....let me take a view to mirror....
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 01:48 PM by Shed »