topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 1:20 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: IDEA: sort of launcher for command lines with parameter in a pre-defined place  (Read 34661 times)

ConstanceJill

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'd have a few more small modification requests, which follow :
 - the tooltip displayed when mouse is over a button seems to have an unnecessary empty line at the beginning : can you please remove it ?
 - also, the tooltip includes a line saying whether or not variable is ignored : since it displays a preview of the command, I guess this line isn't necessary either
 - while the "&" character is now properly displayed in the status bar, it appears doubled in the mouse over tooltip
 - would it be possible to let the custom and settings files have the xml extension instead of dat, since they appear to be xml ? :]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 05:38 AM by ConstanceJill, Reason: Typo… \"not\" instead of \"now\" was a bad thing :p »

hamradio

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Amateur Radio Guy
    • View Profile
    • HamRadioUSA.net
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I'd have a few more small modification requests, which follow :
 - the tooltip displayed when mouse is over a button seems to have an unnecessary empty line at the beginning : can you please remove it ?
 - also, the tooltip includes a line saying whether or not variable is ignored : since it displays a preview of the command, I guess this line isn't necessary either
 - while the "&" character is now properly displayed in the status bar, it appears doubled in the mouse over tooltip
 - would it be possible to let the custom and settings files have the xml extension instead of dat, since they appear to be xml ? :]

Believe I got all fixed and the download url can be found at the new topic for my program:

https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=32623.0 :D

Also any new modification requests/bugs/suggestions please put in that topic as well if you would so it will help me keep track of em easier.

ConstanceJill

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
OK, thank you again :]

Edit : hmm, new version seems to be broken ? =(
Both on my home computer (running Window 7 x64) and in XP Mode, I can't get any command to work, even though I do have the .net framework 4 client profile installed, whenever I click a button it just opens CMD in the program's folder.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 01:38 PM by ConstanceJill »

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
just because I don't consider a dead horse can be flogged too much, here's an update

added the ability to rearrange the buttons, and 'breaks', and to start a new line.  This allows the creation of (rudimentary) button groups

added the ability to run a command 'locally' (press shift+Button).  This simply removes any the 'target' string from the command, so it may or may not work as expected depending on the command in question (I expect the user will have sufficient knowledge to know what will and what won't...)

And in keeping with the theme I've renamed it - Programmable Helpdesk Attendants Rescue Tool (PHART).  You  can change the (gui) title in the ini file

source code included...

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I've renamed it - Programmable Helpdesk Attendants Rescue Tool (PHART)
;D ;D ;D

Great work, Target!

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Great work, Target!

not good enough - you got the guernsey  :Thmbsup: