topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:11 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: WinOne for $US4.95 (regular $US15.00 )  (Read 3635 times)

ha14

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
WinOne for $US4.95 (regular $US15.00 )
« on: May 21, 2012, 03:28 PM »
Hi
For a short time only, you can purchase WinOne for only $US4.95. That's a massive saving of $US15.00 off the normal WinOne purchase price!

WinOne® is a Command Language Interpreter (CLI), similar in concept to the shells cmd.exe and command.com, except that WinOne® has been designed to enable you to get the most out of your Windows operating System.
WinOne® attempts to make Windows easier to use and to make you more productive when there is a need to work at the command line level or when there is a need to write a batch program. WinOne® provides a rich set of commands and batch commands, including additional convenience functions accessed via the System Menu. Essentially, WinOne® provides a very powerful working environment, without sacrificing the flexibility and control you get from working at the command line level.

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: WinOne for $US4.95 (regular $US15.00 )
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 04:22 PM »
Does anyone have experience with this?  I'm actually not too interested in an extended batch language - as bad as cmd.exe is it has the advantage of being on every single Windows machine I come across.

However, the debugger in WinOne, http://www.winone.com.au/debugging.html, looks very interesting if it can debug regular cmd.exe scripts. I don't care if the script/batch file is running under WinOne instead of cmd.exe when debugging, as long as WinOne is compatible enough that I can expect mostly the same behavior.

A decent cmd.exe debugger for $5 would be well worthwhile.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'll have the opportunity to try this out over the next couple of weeks, except for maybe a few minutes tonight. If anyone has used WinOne (and especially the debugger), I'd appreciate a post with some thoughts on the experience.

It might be worth a $5 gamble, even if I only get to install and verify that it doesn't just fall over right off the bat.  Then again, even if I miss the $5 special, if the debugger would actually work for what I'd like to do, $15 is probably still worth it.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
WinOne (regular $US 20)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 06:14 PM »
only $US4.95. That's a massive saving of $US15.00 off the normal WinOne purchase price!

The thread's original title's "WinOne ... (regular $US15.00 )" is a wrong price.
The listed normal price is $20, making the quoted saving correct.

However, either the homepage or the program has not been updated for some time:

Main features

Supported operating systems include 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP and Win32s

-or none of them! Does any one know?  :tellme:

--------------------
Interesting features includes:

WinOne® can be set as the default start up shell, replacing the Program Manager.

WinOne® is mail aware. When this feature is enabled, the message "You have new mail" will be displayed when new unread mail is waiting your mail box

http://www.winone.com.au/features.html

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 06:35 PM »
Yes, the features list seems to include a lot of built-in stuff.  And a lot of features harken back to Windows 3.1/NT 3.5... weren't those the last editions of Program Manager?

Smart insertion of program files into Program Manager groups, by using the GROUP command.
Easy access to the configuration files, AUTOEXEC.BAT, CONFIG.SYS and all .INI files. Use the System Edit... option in the system menu.
Fast access to Program Manager or Explorer programs. Use the Programs option in the system menu to run these programs.
WinOne® can be set as the default start up shell, replacing the Program Manager.

You could always try this batch file debugger free for 30 days... but it's a whopping $80 to buy.  Let me know what it's like if you do...
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 06:44 PM »
But even better, watch this cool video about batch file debugging with Take Command (which also has a 30 day trial, but a $100 purchase price).
vi vi vi - editor of the beast