Well, not all gamers... Just those of you sick & twisted evil terrorists that use console gaming systems...
You think I'm making this up? Bwahahahahaah~! I'm not really all that imaginative~!
(Well, yes I am, but I'm just not a liar.)https://www.fbo.gov/...ab=core&_cview=0
From downloadable document:
Contract to Obscure Technologies to fund the development and delivery of computer forensic tools for analyzing network traffic and stored data created during the use of video game systems. The total amount available is $177,237.50 RDT & E underlying funds;
Translation - Tools to sniff what you're doing, and hack onto your console to read data. Yes. The US Department of the Navy
wants to spy on gamers...
Seriously. No joke!
3. Description of Supplies/Services.
This project proposes to create the following deliverables for use by Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology (DHS S&T):
4.1 Hardware and software tools that can be used for extracting data from video game systems.
4.2 A collection of data (disk images; flash memory dumps; configuration settings) extracted from new video game systems and used game systems purchased on the secondary market.
4.3 A final report between 10 and 20 pages to include the following information:
- Detailed account of issues involved in extracting forensic data from a series of game consoles
- Technical information regarding how information can be extracted from video game systems
- Any engineering decisions that were made and why
- What work remains to be done
- Any failings of the approaches followed
You dirty gamer scumballs~! We'll get you~! You'll pay for killing all those digital babies~!
Jeez... I just about wet myself laughing~!