topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:53 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Using Ctrl+C to Copy to Clipboard  (Read 5139 times)

bob99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Using Ctrl+C to Copy to Clipboard
« on: March 20, 2012, 03:42 PM »
I've noticed that Ctrl+C doesn't seem to be working to copy a previously taken screenshot to the clipboard.  Not a new one but an old one.
I have options set to send a new shot to the clipboard and it works fine.  It is later when I want to go back and copy a previously taken shot.
I highlight an old shot in the screenshot panel with my mouse or keyboard. If I use Ctrl+C nothing happens. But if I use Edit>Copy Image/Object to Clipboard (Ctrl+C) and click with the mouse it's copied fine. I'm sending it to CH&S and I hear the "waterdrop" sound saying it's copied plus I check and it's there.

Have I missed a setting?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Using Ctrl+C to Copy to Clipboard
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 03:54 PM »
I've noticed that Ctrl+C doesn't seem to be working to copy a previously taken screenshot to the clipboard.

this may depend on what area of the interface you last clicked on.
if you click on a past thumbnail and then hit Ctrl+C, what's happening is that the FILE ITSELF is being copied to the clipboard, exactly as it would if you were in a windows explorer window.

wheras if you click your mouse on the image itself (or use menu), it will copy the IMAGE to the clipboard as a bitmap.

does that make sense? I could try to intercept the ctrl+C in the thumbnail panel, but inevitably some people would not like that.

bob99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 09:25 AM »
Thanks mouser.  I understand what you mean. Ends up that neither way is working for me right now. Ctrl+C or via the menus sending anything to CH+S. :wallbash:
Could be I have something else running in my tray competing for the hotkey.  I'll have to work with it later & try and figure it out.

On a different topic. Are there any instructions on how to add custom hotkeys? I see in the latest ver you've already set DirectX Capture to Ctrl + Shift + Alt + X. I went through the videos, they're mentioned, but that's all I found. And help just says they can be set.

Thanks,
Bob

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 09:33 AM »
There is a Hotkeys tab in options.

But I'm confused about what you are saying now -- are you saying that when you use the menu to copy the current screenshot to the clipboard it's not working?

Here's a tip that could be affecting you.  By default CHS will not grab super large images -- if you are using the CHS capture sound to tell you when an image is copied to the clipboard, make sure you don't have that value in CHS set too low.  The CHS option you care about is here:
Screenshot - 3_21_2012 , 9_32_48 AM.png

bob99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 10:03 AM »
 :Thmbsup:
My focus was on SCC and not CH+S.  :-[  My maximum area was 1000 (default?). Changed to 6000 and it's back working like a charm for images.
Ctrl+C in thumbnail (screenshot panel) copies the file so I can paste in a different location/folder/etc.  Got it.
All I'd like now is a hotkey to copy the file path. Till then I'll keep using the right-click copy path name with the mouse.

Edit:
I knew about the hotkeys tab.  I should have worded it differently. I meant how do I get the keystrokes in there.  Figured it out.
Put cursor in the line after "None" then start with (press) Ctrl or Alt and the other keys you want to assign to it. "None" is replaced with the keys. Got it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:14 AM by bob99 »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 10:09 AM »
All I'd like now is a hotkey to copy the file path.

Yeah there is no hotkey for this currently, though you can do this from the Edit menu, OR by clicking the clipboard icon button near the filename at the bottom of the SC window.