topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 6:29 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Not remembering (saving) Tool Settings  (Read 2951 times)

wideeyedguy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Not remembering (saving) Tool Settings
« on: January 06, 2012, 09:47 AM »
I did search the forum and saw one or two refs to this and a mention that this had been remedied in a previous update.
However, the latest version is not remembering the Highlights settings such as Transparency (255), Inner Color (off), Line Width, or Blend Mode (Normal) between re-starts of the application.

And this may actually have something more to do with initial restart of the computer rather than restart of the application itself. Just did an exit of SC and a restart of SC (without a restart of the PC) and the settings for the Highlight tool seemed to stick.

It also was not remembering the Shape (square/circle) preference, but haven't noticed that issue lately.

For the Arrow tool, the same issues are noticed also.

Have I missed a how-to on forcing SC to remember the settings on the Object edit prefs?
Is there some sort of SC ".ini" type file that is being overwritten when restarting my PC which may be losing my prefs for the tools?

Thank you,
weg

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Not remembering (saving) Tool Settings
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 11:00 AM »
Hi Weg,

My plan is to release some updates of my software this weekend, including SC -- i will see if i can track down this bug and fix it for that release.

wideeyedguy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Not remembering (saving) Tool Settings
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 02:27 PM »
Any updates on this?
Thanks.