topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 4:07 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Richard Stallman on RT~! =D  (Read 1743 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Richard Stallman on RT~! =D
« on: December 23, 2011, 10:25 PM »
I just found a show on RT.com (Russia Today) that features Richard Stallman~! (It's a video.)

RICHARD STALLMAN IN A REAL NEWS FEATURE~!

I was so excited about it that I just had to post it immediately here. (I've not watched it yet -- I'm still downloading it.)

http://rt.com/progra...re-richard-stallman/

Richard Stallman – Software Freedom Activist

The computer world is divided in two confronting camps with two totally different philosophies. On the one side are companies that sell programs to make money. On the other are people who believe software must be totally free. Generally paid software dominates, so why don't more people go for the free alternative. And what does that mean for intellectual property? We’re asking one of the leaders of the free software movement, programmer-turned-philosopher Richard Stallman.

Direct download link:

http://rt.com/files/...ivist.mp4?download=1

I only recently discovered RT, but wow... It is so refreshing~!

Sappy Drivel
I've found that the mainstream news media basically makes me suicidal. Everything is so horribly bleak and dismal that I just want to die. Now, there's still a lot of bad stuff happening that RT reports on, but instead of the same oppressive, depressing take on things, RT has a VERY different perspective.

e.g. I saw a CNN reporter interview Ron Paul, and I just wanted to strangle her with a baseball bat for being such a wicked, evil douchette. She was simply so far out of line and at the same time, she and her cohort were utterly self-righteous --- you know > that snotty, arrogant, self-righteousness posing innocently... I just wanted to puke.

And that's the norm for what I see in the mainstream... I hear these people spout utter insanity.

RT finally has some kind of perspective that doesn't make me suicidal. It puts a glimmer of hope in the news.

I'm just so happy that I could just about cry! It's like, finally... a warm candle illuminating the pitch black of cold dungeon cell...

I think a lot of people here will find the perspective and news reporting a very welcome change from the mainstream media.

Their tag line seems to sum it up nicely: QUESTION MORE.

Anyways... 1 hour left for this download... I can't wait~! ;D

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker