topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 12:01 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Share-Alike Software - Extension Changer  (Read 3855 times)

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Share-Alike Software - Extension Changer
« on: December 12, 2011, 05:32 PM »

Hallo gang.

Occasionally I have commissioned some little utilities before I found CodyLand ... er ... DonationCoder.com! They are Works for Hire so I have at least Non-Exclusive Rights to any use of it I want. (Probably full rights but I'm not gonna pretend those emerging countries are that strict on IP and it's so bare-metal I just wanna' share it.)

I am releasing the first one as Creative Commons Share-Alike, which as I understand it, means that I don't have any delusions of grandeur becoming famous with it, only that if someone wants to fiddle with it, the result also becomes Shareable. I'll leave it to my betters to figure out if that fights with DC rules.

www.freevoteusa.com/Software/ShowHideExt.zip

It's a No-Nonsense uility that flips XP between showing and hiding extensions. (I think it does require RightClick/Refresh to see the effect most times.) I got tired of finding some random folder, Tools/FolderOptions/View/Show or Hide Known Ext/Apply/Ok/Close RandomFolder. So I paid a coder for hire a few bucks to make this little thingie.

I'm pretty sure it's clean, not doing sneaky stuff but if one of you TurboExperts sees a problem with it, sure, tell me!

I hope this goes a little way to showing y'all I like ya!

Cheers,

--Tao

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Share-Alike Software - Extension Changer
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 05:42 PM »
Bump - Sorry folks, I would like this on the New Post in Bold bit, not my misc note on AdBlock.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 05:44 PM »
Nice, thanks for sharing  :up:

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 09:56 AM »

Shameless Bump. Speaking of threads like managing datasets, I recently did a big soft backup of years worth of data as part of my moving prep. I'd lost my other copy of this micro-app until I finally realized I'd posted a note about it here! Yay for the Cloud!