topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 17, 2024, 8:19 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Screenshot Captor Error on Windows Server 2008: STI.DLL is missing - fix  (Read 13563 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Just wanted to post a solution that DC member App103 provided for an error someone had installing Screenshot Captor on Windows Server 2008:

<dcmk001> After installing Screenshot Captor on my MS Terminal Server 2008R2 I get a system error “The Program can’t start because STI.DLL is missing ….” I reinstalled and still got this err. Any advice?

App103 said:

"I saw your question in the chat room but by that time you had already left. I believe I can help with this problem.

This is a system file and not a part of the Screenshot Captor application.

This dll is normally located in the system folder on XP and Vista, but is not installed by default on Windows Server 2008.

Sti.dll is a component for Windows Still Imaging and provides a means of programmatically acquiring digital still images from cameras and scanners.

You can install this component by installing the Desktop Experience feature using Server Manager.

To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Server Manager.
   2. In Server Manager, click Add Features under Features Summary.
   3. In the Add Features Wizard dialog box, make sure that the Desktop Experience option is selected.
   4. Click Next, and then click Install.
   5. After the installation process is complete, click Close, and then close Server Manager.

Note After you install Desktop Experience, you have to restart the computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946397

rainmax

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi!
I havn't found any other mentioned issues with Server 2008 on forum, so I write here)
I have Windows Server 2008 32 bit (not R2), after installing Desktop Experience I face another error, that API-MS-Win-Core-LocalRegistry-L1-1-0.dll is missed.
And ScreenShot Captor crashed(
Have anybody the same issue? Where the problem?
I like SC and don't want to looking for another captor..

Thank you!