topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:38 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Syncronizing settings across multiple computers  (Read 2894 times)

sytone

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Syncronizing settings across multiple computers
« on: November 16, 2011, 10:37 AM »
Hi,

I have Find and Run robot in a folder synceds by Live Mesh. This is working pretty well however I am getting duplicates every now and then as the process is running on multiple machines and accessing the files so instead of just blating a file if Mesh picks up a issue it appens the machine name to the file so you know where the version came from.

Any suggestions on how to configure the app to avoid these or is there a better way to sync settings?

I do not want to have a USB key to carry around and Mesh syncs to the cloud storage (5Gb space) so I have my portable apps and utilities anywhere.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Syncronizing settings across multiple computers
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 12:16 PM »
Hi sytone, welcome to the site!

This issue has come up a few times.  For example see here: https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=26878.0

I guess I need some more feedback from people on what options I could add to FARR to help with this kind of thing.  And it would help for people to share their tricks on how to solve it.