topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 12:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Show Me The Games/Show Me The Sales  (Read 4004 times)

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Show Me The Games/Show Me The Sales
« on: November 14, 2011, 04:32 AM »
I received an e-mail from Cliff Harris of Positech games, makers of Gratuitous Space Battles and other indie games:

Today marks the first day of the first two-week 'Show Me The Sales' promotion!
Hosted by the online indie game database at www.showmethegames.com, 'Show Me The Sales' is a collection of indie game developers who are each offering substantial discounts on their games over the next two weeks. Unlike any other games bundle or sale, SMTS is a collection of sales hosted directly by the developers, acting just as a directory of discounts, so you still buy the game direct from the individual developer, and the developer gets to keep all of the money.
Just to emphasise that, ShowMeTheGames takes NOTHING from any of the sales, or the developers.

The Show Me The Sales website is here:
http://www.showmethegames.com/sales.php

And it runs from 14th to the 28th of November. Games on discount include Scoregasm, Gratuitous Space Battles, SPAZ, project Aftermath and lots more. Plus, every game has it's own youtube-embedded video for you to check them out.

First of all, I'd not heard of Show Me The Games... pretty cool idea!  And the games that are on sale look quite tempting...

llc_silly

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • LLC
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Show Me The Games/Show Me The Sales
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 06:33 AM »
 It was a showmethegames bundle in last year's sale, but I missed the sale.  :'(
http://www.showmethe...ames.com/bundle1.php

Thank you for posting this thread. I almost forgot to check SMTG on this month if i did not read this topic! :Thmbsup:

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 12:18 PM »
I'd heard of Show Me the Games before but didn't see the point of it (from a buyer/store perspective) since it was basically just a list of indie games with links to their respective website.

Sales are good though.  ;D

Evochron: Mercenary at 50% off looks really tempting. . .

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 12:42 PM »
It's not really a store, i.e. Indie Games for the PC...Direct from the developers!

Any real "store" takes a cut.  I'm not sure what the rates are- only that they are greater than zero.  Direct from the developers - they get all of their money.  I'm trying to see how many of them let you claim the game on Steam... I don't think they do, but I was just wondering...

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 05:38 PM »
When I first heard about Show Me The Games, it was presented as a kind of Digital Distributor/Retailer, so that probably explains my initial confusion.

I bought Evochron: Mercenary. What a neat game! If anyone else gets it I'd love to do some multiplayer. There's a 90 minute demo available if you'd like to try before you buy.