topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:31 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Indie Royale - Similar to Humble Indie Bundle  (Read 4526 times)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Indie Royale - Similar to Humble Indie Bundle
« on: October 31, 2011, 01:56 AM »
I was just heading for bed when I noticed nobody has mentioned Indie Royale here on DC yet. Since there are only about 11 hours remaining I thought I should mention it real quick. It's similar to the Humble Indie Bundle.

http://www.indieroyale.com/

I'll do a better job of explaining this later. But for now, if you're at all interested, click through to find out more.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Indie Royale - Similar to Humble Indie Bundle
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 09:42 AM »
Thanks!  It seems to work a little different than the Humble Bundle, with contributions driving down the price rather than driving the average up, and there being a minimum buy in.  But still a good deal, even if I already had ARES and Sanctum.

Ampa

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • I am cute ;)
    • View Profile
    • MonkeyDash - 2 Player strategy boardgame
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 09:49 AM »
I bought it.

Have tried...

A.R.E.S - feels like a rather generic Turrican / Abuse clone. I felt the screen was a bit zoomed in meaning I couldn't see enough of the environment.

Nimbus - played the first dozen levels of this, and enjoying it greatly. At its heart it is a well crafted puzzle game, but the mechanics also require good reactions and quick thinking.

..but not looked at the other two yet.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 11:50 AM »
It seems to work a little different than the Humble Bundle, with contributions driving down the price rather than driving the average up, and there being a minimum buy in.  But still a good deal, even if I already had ARES and Sanctum.

Yes it is different from HIB. There is a minimum price to pay, and as more people buy the package, it brings the price up. But if someone is generous and pays more than the minimum, they can drive the price back down for everyone else.

There will be a new bundle every 2 weeks. And there's no charity involved. This appears to be strictly an experiment of a new business model (made by the folks responsible for Desura).