topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:11 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: TheBat Toolbars  (Read 17356 times)

Scott

• Resident Googler
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
TheBat Toolbars
« on: May 18, 2005, 05:18 PM »
I tried out The Bat! Pro, but its toolbars kept moving around on me each time I restarted it.  This gave me the feeling "Oh great, a whole new set of annoyances...", so I called it a day.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 12:13:47 AM by Scott »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Re: THEBAT! - DISCOUNT ORDER LINK HERE
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 05:26 PM »
my toolbars dont shift around, even when i squeeze the form down to the size of a quarter and resize it..
took me a while to get my toolbars docked to places i was happy about, but now that i have, they never move, which i really appreciate.  UltraEdit for example will auto move the toolbars when the window is shrunk, which means you have to remove them back after you restore the window.

check the 2 first screenshots in the review for 2 very different layouts for toolbars and windows (mine is the one on the left, the one on the right is from rit labs site).

Scott

• Resident Googler
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 05:28 PM »
Well what can I say; I move them where I want them, and it sometimes resets them to default, other times adds a cute little space here and there...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 05:50 PM »
that's the new $1million dollar Artificial Intelligence feature they added, TMYDWYTT.

"Trust Me You Don't Want Your Toolbar There"

Scott

• Resident Googler
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 06:00 PM »
I like being able to decide how many toolbars there are, and exactly what is on each one.  I don't like their toolbars.  (PocoMail is even worse.)  And someone please tell me why UltraEdit is now past version 11 and STILL doesn't let you LOCK the toolbars?  Simply double clicking the wrong thing, or dragging just a wee bit, can screw everything up.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: TheBat Toolbars
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 06:32 PM »
by the way, the new toolbar system in thebat is new and still be worked on, so you're probably experiencing some bugs they haven't worked out yet but which will probably be fixed in upcoming releases.  they have been working on adding customization and skins and different button sizes, and they havent gotten it perfected yet.

i also hope the fix the visual annoyance of toolbars not extending fully to the right.  it's not a functional issue but it does annoy me aesthetically.. i suspect they will do so.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 06:34 PM by mouser »

vegas

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 09:14 PM »
I gotta agree their toolbars drive me Batty! Mine reset infrequently too, plus I couldn't get the icons to shrink down in size. It's such a waste of email space to have these big honkin icons and no easy way to micro-size them. Seemed like a speedy client, and I would have done a longer trial but i can't even import mail from Thunderbird, as far as I can see.  That along with the toolbars led me to uninstall already. :(  I liked pocomail better, it imported my thunderbird mail fast too! But the quirky interface left me to uninstall that too. Back to Thunderbird I guess.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 11:29 PM »
not trying to cheerlead for thebat but..
it's interesting that i usually HATE and i mean HATE big icons buttons.
but strangely when i tried small icons for thebat, i quickly went screaming back for my big buttons -
i'm not sure exactly why, maybe i just got used to them.. but i think maybe it was just that i only use a few buttons when working with mail, send, reply, forward, queu, etc.,  and the big icons make it less likely i'll make a mistake.

also because i have the accounts listed as a full height left sidebar, and my toolbar is to the right of it (https://www.donation...ts/Screenshot_33.png),
i really have lots of spare space on the right hand side so i don't feel like im wasting space i need.

vegas

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 01:00 AM »
How did you get the small icons to show up on the toolbar?  I tried downloading some .png & xml file on their website and put it in my directory, but it didnt change anything.

jpfx

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2005, 06:32 AM »
'View','Toolbars','Customize'
Choose toolbar to change from 'Select Container' dropdown (top left)
for small choose 'Menu Icons' in drop down bottom right or for big choose 'Toolbar' icons

It's a bit buggy so if your selection won't stick, drag the toolbar off of The bat!, try again and drag it back on.

Also if your positioning won't stick, postion them one at a time and shutdown when positioned using 'Message', 'Exit'. Rinse & repeat, That will eventually work. Once it works you can close however you want.

|\      _,,,---,,_         
ZZZzzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;, 
      |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'    
     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2006, 10:30 PM »
Toolbars? I avoid such problems by not using them ;)