topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 12:59 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Any wordpress coders here available for hire?  (Read 19672 times)

Veign

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Veign - Where design meets development
    • Donate to Member
Re: Any wordpress coders here available for hire?
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 05:28 PM »
keep in mind that it is very important that I am familiar with Wordpress.  My partner is also familiar with it, and he knows even less about computers and programming than I do.

You may be familiar with a hammer but that doesn't mean you use it to take apart an engine  :)

And, really, I don't understand why you say wordpress can't do this.

Not saying it can't do this, saying the way your spec is worded is not how Wordpress "puts things together".  Quickly looking at nextgen gallery and it looks like it styles posts and adds widgets.

You can see this by their demo:
http://nextgen-gallery.com/

It works within the post "space".  This goes to my bullet points of what your options are.

Please don't take any of this in a negative way even though it's how it comes across.  I'm truly trying to help you so you don't waste money.

this may work for you: http://gallery.menalto.com/ (free and supports videos)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Any wordpress coders here available for hire?
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2011, 08:52 AM »
Thanks Veign, I appreciate it.

I think I'm fighting a losing battle here.  I've been trying to force Wordpress to do this and that for the last 5 years.  I love it, but I think I'm done with it.  My sites are very simple sites, I just want to show content like pictures, videos, and articles.  There aren't many pages or anything.  I think I'm going to start looking into Expression Web, Dreamweaver, and the like.  I'm going to do this stuff from scratch, and I don't need to be restricted by the platform.