topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:43 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Superantispyware Pro: Save 75%  (Read 6505 times)

ha14

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Superantispyware Pro: Save 75%
« on: July 15, 2011, 01:38 PM »
Hi

Superantispyware Pro Lifetime save 75% its CNET offer so get it from here if interested in:

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Superantispyware Pro: Save 75%
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 01:45 PM »
Invalid URL

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 02:01 PM »
Superantispyware Pro: Save 75%

Save 75% off retail version of SUPERAntiSpyware Professional with Lifetime Updates. Normally $39.99 ($29.99 + $9.99 for lifetime updates), On sale for $19.99 at our store. Get an additional $2 off your first order by using coupon code: nGflRacfDx9h.

http://www.toptierco...s.com/products.shtml > use the first "Add to cart"

well, it never becomes 75% off, but 55% off.
What the heck, 55 or 75, I don't want it either way.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 02:18 PM by Curt »

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 06:13 PM »
Invalid URL

Looks like you have to get to it though the CNET page:

- http://download.cnet...8022_4-10532824.html

Look for the "Buy it now" link under the "Special Offer" heading.  It'll take you to a check out page for SAS lifetime for $10.  The offer expires 11:59AM PDT on July 18, 2011.

I've never used SAS (SUPERAntiSpyware) except in a short trial a long time ago, so I don't feel qualified to comment on it.

However, I will mention that there's some recent discussion on the Wilder's Sercurity forum (http://www.wildersse...wthread.php?t=301468) about SAS being recently acquired (by support.com?) and what that might mean to the future of the software and updates.  Anyone looking to buy SAS might want to check it out (though keep in mind that a lot of the comments are pure speculation and that $10 might not be a huge gamble if you like the software as it stands today).

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 07:05 PM »
-thanks for the link. $10 sounds okay.

---------
Support.com Expands Software Offerings With Acquisition of SUPERAntiSpyware

Support.com (NASDAQ: SPRT), a leading provider of cloud-based technology services and software, today announced the acquisition of SUPERAntiSpyware

http://www.easyir.co...eleasejsp=custom_107

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 07:53 AM »
Hi Folks,

In my experience the last few years, SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes are the two all purpose anti-malware programs that I keep handy in case of trouble.  They have helped at work with other computers messed up and for me I run an occasional scan for that extra layer of peace of mind.  All that is even in an "on demand" mode, they probably have a real-time mode.  Sometimes these programs can fully solve a problem, thus avoiding an OS reinstall, and they are the leaders of the genre.  (Although there are specialty products for specific malwares and many of the big vendors could have similar programs in their arsenals, not as easy to find and work with and depend upon.)

However, it will be surprising if this buyout keeps the program quite as available and helpful to the shareware-freeware user.  For $10, knowing the risk that things could change, it could be a reasonable purchase.

Shalom,
Steven Avery

worstje

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • The Gent with the White Hat
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 08:45 AM »
I saw this thread pop by a few times on IRC now, and I can't help say I am wary of it due to the name. There's too many 'positive words' in that name. Super. Pro. Hell, Antispyware even counts. The only uses I see for those names in my environment are those fake-scanners-that-infect-you that I end up removing from the PCs of computer illiterates I know. :)

In real life terms, you might say I get that 'sub-par knockoff' feeling where you deal with Mike, Abibas or no brand at all. (Ironically, I am aware the opinion seems to be that something like Appstore is trademark/brand worthy nowadays... which would be a good thing for the makers of this product. But I don't trust appstores either.)

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 08:57 AM »
In my experience the last few years, SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes are the two all purpose anti-malware programs that I keep handy in case of trouble.  They have helped at work with other computers messed up and for me I run an occasional scan for that extra layer of peace of mind.  All that is even in an "on demand" mode, they probably have a real-time mode.
-Steven Avery (July 16, 2011, 07:53 AM)

Yes, both SAS and MBAM have a real-time mode.  Just to run an occasional (or even daily) scan, all you need is the free version of either program.  However, the $10 charge leads me to believe that what is being offered is SAS's real-time version.  Since I already have MBAM's real-time commercial version on all my computers, I'm not interested in the offer from SAS, since I doubt that two such real-time programs should be running at the same time.  (I do have the free version of SAS available for an occasional scan.)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 12:25 PM »
PRO features that the free version doesn't have:

First Chance Prevention examines over 50 critical points of your system each time your system starts up and shuts down to eliminate threats before they have a chance to infect and infiltrate your system.         

Real-Time Blocking of threats! Prevent potentially harmful software (spyware, adware, worms, dialers, hijackers, keyloggers)  from installing or re-installing.         

Registry Protection against Browser Hi-Jackers and other threats.         

Schedule either Quick, Complete or Custom Scans Daily or Weekly to ensure your computer is free from harmful software.         

Auto-Scanning on application startup ensures a clean system daily.         

Automatic Updates check for program and definition updates every 8 hours.    (Free: Manual Only)    

Daily Definition Updates provide immediate detection of new threats         

Free System Diagnostic to locate new threats on your computer         

Free E-Mail Support to help resolve issues immediately         
-Comparison
http://www.superanti...pywarefreevspro.html