topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 3:57 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Using Informer Widget with Coral - Please Help me do it!  (Read 7086 times)

slap-n-tickle

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
DesktopCoral seems a great idea, but I just can't get it to do what I want!
I use Object Dock and Informer widget, I have informer on the bottom of my screen and ObjectDock spaced slightly above.
What I want to do is to use DesktopCoral to protect the area used by Informer (100% width 25px high) at the bottom of the screen. I can set the area in Coral and it does prevent programs opening over it, but I can't for the life of me work out how to get informer (or anything else for that matter) into the reserved area!

Please Please help me do this!

Thanks

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Using Informer Widget with Coral - Please Help me do it!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 07:39 AM »
Since I don't use these programs it's a little hard for me to test.  Perhaps it's time i installed them in a virtual machine for just this purpose.

Applications that write directly onto the desktop will have no problem displaying themselves over Desktop Coral areas, but more standard placement apps may not want to -- they may see the space as reserved.  The real question is whether other methods to force the desired window into position over the Desktop Coral area would work.  If someone can confirm to me that this will work and not render the functions of the application (Informer in this case) non-functional, then a solution might be to give Desktop Coral commands for forcibly moving certain windows into its area.  But there's no point in coding that if the target application is going to move itself out on its own or be non-functional once moved.