topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 11:59 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: What Blackberry apps do you use?  (Read 4134 times)

techidave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
What Blackberry apps do you use?
« on: March 31, 2011, 09:15 PM »
not to be out done by the android thread, how about listing your favorite BB apps here!  I am a new user to a "smart phone", and only have a few on mine.

1.  Vlingo (installed it but haven't tried it)
2.  Google Mobile App ( only used it a little.
3.  Facebook Mobile

I would llike to find a good, free wifi locator.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: What Blackberry apps do you use?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 11:06 PM »
I would llike to find a good, free wifi locator.

According to this wiki article there are about 800 million new Wi-Fi devices every year, though not all for BlackBerry... But blackberry, blueberry, symbian, hi-fi wi-fi, Android Palm, iPhone uCome MeeGo, I am so confused about the hole thing. And I don't have my glasses with me...:

http://wifelocator.com/   or   http://www.aewar.com/wifelocator/

!innocent smiley400.jpgWhat Blackberry apps do you use?  

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:11 PM by Curt »

scancode

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • I will eat Cody someday.
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 11:32 PM »
I have the lowest-end BlackBerry (8520), and I got hooked into SocialScope (Social Networking app: Facebook, foursquare, Twitter, Flickr and god knows what else).  The other app I use pretty often is "Wi-Fi Proxy +FTP/HTTP Servers" which does pretty much what it says on the tin.

Welcome to crackberries, don't get too addicted :P

bob99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 11:41 AM »
BlackBerry 9650
Pretty much just use the standard features.  Did add these:

QuickLaunch
Partial description from site:
"QuickLaunch allows you to setup an unlimited number shortcuts to various functions such as Websites, Email, SMS and PIN addresses, Phone numbers, 3rd Party Apps, Videos, Images, Audio files, Screen Capture, Device Info, Weather, Bluetooth and WiFi Toggle, Camera and much more! In addition to these you can also launch Blackberry Options, Calculator, Calendar, Tasks and even the App Switcher. Configure a convenience key to activate QuickLaunch and when pushed a menu will pop up showing a scrollable list of your configured actions."

Documents To Go
Many have heard of & already know what it does... Partial description from site:
"Documents To Go Premium Edition is an all-in-one solution that provides users with the ability to view, edit and create Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files and attachments as well as view critical PDF files all on their BlackBerry smartphones. Also included is an easy to use desktop application offering bi-directional file synchronization and providing users with a simple way to transfer and manage important documents."

Percentages
Description from site:
"Percentages is a tool which allows you to make percent related calculations instantly and effortlessly by simply entering two values.
Whilst percentage formulas are not necessarily complicated, they can quite often take some working out. If you deal with percentages in any way then this app will make your life easier."