topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:27 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Problem with Mircryption - Help please  (Read 8575 times)

irc0815

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Problem with Mircryption - Help please
« on: March 01, 2011, 02:44 AM »
Hi, i'am kinda new with mircryption and have a question. i installed Mircryption ver 1.19.01 (dll v1.15.01 , mirc v6.35) on Windows 7 (x64) and everything worked fine. A friend gave me an encryption key to his chan, i added it with "set encryption key..." and it worked too.

After some time i wanted to try to disable the encryption and clicked in the channel on the option "Disable current channel encryption temporarily". in the mirc status window i got the info the the encryption is temp off and my nick goes from [ ] to < >. i thought that now i would NOT be able to read the text in the channel anymore but to my suprise i still could read everyting. Only if i set NO encryption key or a wrong encryption key for the channel i can not read the text writen anymore.

Can someone tell me why thats so and if there is someting wrong ? :(

regards

irc0815

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Problem with Mircryption - Help please
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:05 AM »
Hi irc0815,

Welcome to the site and welcome to mircryption  :up:

First, congratulations on getting it installed on Windows 7 -- I know the installer was made before windows 7 existed and it needs to be updated.  I'm happy to say there will be a new (minor) update of Mircryption coming out in the next few days that will fix that (codename "Democracy Revolution" edition).

Ok second, there is nothing to worry about with what you experienced. It is normal feature of mircryption.  When you disable encryption in a channel you disable your text from being encrypted when you type to others. But if they speak encrypted Mircryption still knows to be smart and decrypt it for you.

irc0815

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 10:23 AM »
thx for the welcome mouser :)

good to know that my "problem" isn't one.

the reason why i had no problem with running mircryption on Win 7 64x seams to be that i'am using Mircryption Lite v1.19.01. i guess i was a little incorrect since there was no installation needed. I hope that u can keep up the support for Mircryption Lite in upcomming versions because its really nice.

regards

irc0815

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 10:28 AM »