topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How can I set 'start in' parameter for any program in Farr?  (Read 3243 times)

JoeWK

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How can I set 'start in' parameter for any program in Farr?
« on: February 23, 2011, 04:59 AM »
I defined some alias for programs in Farr. When I launch it from Farr, I find the 'start in' path always in installing directory of that program. I would not like to build shortcuts and setup 'start in' one by one for all programs. Any good idea to deal with that in Farr?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: How can I set 'start in' parameter for any program in Farr?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 03:02 PM »
that is an interesting question..
currently there is no way to do this short of what you describe -- making standard windows shortcut files and having farr trigger the shortcuts.

if this was something people needed i could add an alias launching flag that allowed it to be specified.. but frankly i think you are the first to request it.

JoeWK

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: How can I set 'start in' parameter for any program in Farr?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 09:23 PM »
Thanks Mouser's reply. I have tried to define alias for 'start /d path programname', unfortunatly, FARR does not work. If I build bat file for  'start /d path programname' and then define alias for the bat file, it is ok. But it is a hard work to build bat files for a lots programs (almost equals to build shotcut and then set start in parameter one by one). I hope 'start in' setting can appear in future FARR version.