topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:47 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Copy (and Auto-Paste) Directly to New Excel Worksheet  (Read 6874 times)

nkormanik

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Copy (and Auto-Paste) Directly to New Excel Worksheet
« on: August 03, 2011, 03:04 AM »
Skwire provided ClipTrap which I use often.  Terrific program.  Captures copy and pastes automatically to file.

Now I have another semi-related request:

I'm copying from a complex time-line chart (on the surface, a graphics image).  Each line on the chart actually, when copied, is the data BEHIND the line on the chart -- a column of data (date, value).

I need to get the data from each line on the chart into a separate Excel worksheet -- one worksheet per chart line.  There are around 50 lines on the chart.  So..., 50 separate worksheets would be the result I need.

Ideally, as with ClipTrap, each time I copy, the data would automatically go into a (separate worksheet) file.

Naming the files will be an issue as well -- names will simply be xxx numbers, 001, 002, etc.

If we can't arrive at the ideal solution, can any here think of the fastest, easiest way of pasting data into 50 separate worksheets?

I'll be happy to clarify if the above isn't clear enough.

Thanks for your help.

Nicholas

wr975

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Copy (and Auto-Paste) Directly to New Excel Worksheet
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 05:00 AM »
Perhaps ASAP Utilities for Excel (freeware) might help?

http://www.asap-util...es=20&lang=en_us

0267-1-Split-your-data-to-new-sheets.pngCopy (and Auto-Paste) Directly to New Excel Worksheet 0267-2-Example-of-the-result.pngCopy (and Auto-Paste) Directly to New Excel Worksheet
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 05:36 AM by wr975 »

nkormanik

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Copy (and Auto-Paste) Directly to New Excel Worksheet
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 04:41 PM »
Appears to be a good lead.  I'll try it out.  Thank you!