topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:56 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: consolidate multiple IE Windows' tabs to single IE Window  (Read 6326 times)

bkeadle

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
As much as I try to keep Chrome and/or Firefox as my preferred browser, I still manage to find myself in IE.  I wish that IE would just keep one Window with multiple tabs.  Althought the task bar (Win 7) will show all the tabs in a list, I find you can't tell how many actual IE windows are open.  I'd like to be able to transfer all tabs in other IE windows into the primary IE window, then close all the other IE windows.  Make sense?

A primary benefit to keeping one IE window is I *could* just bookmark all open tabs as a "Return" group prior to my needing to restart IE or reboot my computer.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: consolidate multiple IE Windows' tabs to single IE Window
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 10:59 AM »
If i understand your objective correctly - ability to move tabs between browser instances - That functionality is already included in IE9. Granted it is still in beta, but I've been using it for months without any major issues.

bkeadle

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 11:26 AM »
You might understand correctly - will it do it all at once?  If I have one IE window with 12 tabs, and another IE window with 10 tabs, I wouldn't want to have to drag each individual tab to the other window.

Even better, if IE could be locked (or default) to a single Window instance, that would make the utility unnecessary.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 02:02 PM »
All at once, no. It's a one tab at a time shift (in the beta I have), but there are a lot of options for tab handling available.
IE9Tabs.jpg