ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: consolidate multiple IE Windows' tabs to single IE Window

(1/1)

bkeadle:
As much as I try to keep Chrome and/or Firefox as my preferred browser, I still manage to find myself in IE.  I wish that IE would just keep one Window with multiple tabs.  Althought the task bar (Win 7) will show all the tabs in a list, I find you can't tell how many actual IE windows are open.  I'd like to be able to transfer all tabs in other IE windows into the primary IE window, then close all the other IE windows.  Make sense?

A primary benefit to keeping one IE window is I *could* just bookmark all open tabs as a "Return" group prior to my needing to restart IE or reboot my computer.

Stoic Joker:
If i understand your objective correctly - ability to move tabs between browser instances - That functionality is already included in IE9. Granted it is still in beta, but I've been using it for months without any major issues.

bkeadle:
You might understand correctly - will it do it all at once?  If I have one IE window with 12 tabs, and another IE window with 10 tabs, I wouldn't want to have to drag each individual tab to the other window.

Even better, if IE could be locked (or default) to a single Window instance, that would make the utility unnecessary.

Stoic Joker:
All at once, no. It's a one tab at a time shift (in the beta I have), but there are a lot of options for tab handling available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version