topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: A Gift from VMWare  (Read 31954 times)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: A Gift from VMWare
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2006, 05:49 AM »
It's worth noting that if you have student status (or someone in your household) you can get VMWARE Workstation for the price of the upgrade. Still not cheap but considerably cheaper.

Baseman

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2006, 06:02 AM »
Thanks for the info Carol but I don't know of any students...The problem is the rate of exchange is R6.60 to the $1.00 Oh yes of course there is those bank charges...From here it'll cost me about R1500.00 that's for the electronic download...It would be a lot easier for me to send someone in the U.S.A.  a money gram and purchase the electronic download...Even then it's still expensive...Most of the software I purchase is from the States...
Mouser...Excuse me for being stuck on stupid...Reviews on what???...Remember I have all the time in the world...and like to put at least some of it to ...DonationCoder.com...
GetBackData...Security Awareness...Beta Tester
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 06:11 AM by Baseman »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2006, 06:26 AM »
DonationCoder.com does comprehensive reviews of software *categories*:
https://www.donation...m/Reviews/index.html

Note that a review is not of a single program but of a category of programs.
It's a lot of work and requires some discipline and attention to detail - definitely not something that everyone is cut out for
(see zaine's review of archive tools for an example of how big these reviews can get: https://www.donation...hiveTools/index.html)

But we are very much in need of some good objective reviewers and we try to make sure they are well taken care of in terms of software, etc.