topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Any better Clipboard program.  (Read 46653 times)

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Any better Clipboard program.
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2011, 02:02 AM »
One feature that I use a lot and that I haven't found in other programs I've tried is ClipMate's PowerPaste.  It will automatically paste each item from the clipboard in order (ascending or descending) into any document.  It's great for making lists, filling out forms, putting selected paragraphs together, etc.

I really wanted to like Clipmate but something in the many modes of operation keeps confusing me.
Clipcache - has a "power paste" like feature and I though CHS too

I have noticed though, that whether with CHS or clipcache - I don't seem to use the features much. Perhaps I should do a concerted effort

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2011, 10:13 AM »
Arhgg, I said it wrong again, didn't I.
I've done a lot of that myself lately  :)  I'm glad to hear that CFi Clipboard+ can be operated with the keyboard, which I much prefer to mouse.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2011, 10:17 AM »
Thanks very much, rjbull, for the "powerpaste" features in CHS and ArsClip.  I'm glad to know about these.  Now I have a place to start looking if I ever decide to replace ClipMate. 
If you're a dedicated ClipMate user I doubt you'll really want to, but they offer very competent freeware/donationware alternatives to recommend to others.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2011, 10:51 AM »
I really wanted to like Clipmate but something in the many modes of operation keeps confusing me.
I found it too complex.  It offers too much, which makes it hard to get to grips with.

Clipcache - has a "power paste" like feature and I though CHS too
I don't use ClipCache much because it seems to crash so often.  The last freeware version, 1.41, did very well on Win95, 98, and (I think) 2K, but started to crash readily on XP, particularly if I ran Outlook or an application that had to be accessed by Citrix.  To my disappointment, so did the registered v.3 series.

CHS and ArsClip both have at least limited (tab only, I think) "power paste" features.

I have noticed though, that whether with CHS or clipcache - I don't seem to use the features much. Perhaps I should do a concerted effort
I don't either, though it might be a different story if I had to transfer data between two different databases or something like that.

I think it's because its basic functions are outstandingly smooth and easy that I like ArsClip so much, and use it as my duty clipboard enhancer.  It offers more features if you want them, and they're easy enough to get at, but aren't in your face.  Indeed, nearly everything is controlled from the popup.  You don't see ArsClip's equivalent of ClipMate's or CHS's main window unless you go looking for it.

CHS is smooth too, but always seems a "heavier" program to me.  It has more features, but then again ArsClip has some features that CHS doesn't.  They're both worth having.

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2011, 11:09 AM »
Back years ago I tested ClipCache for a while. I spent time on it, I created a whole subdatabase of clips from my old "webgal" snippets/assets database as well as one of often used phrases.
Then it crashed and lost it all and I gave up on it and went and used a freeware tool

About a year or two ago I once again wanted something more and found CHS, I also revisited CC and bought it when on a special deal. It has been on my main laptop for a long time time now and has never crashed and I dont purge very often so there are a lot of clips

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2011, 12:00 AM »

Well, I've been using ClipMate for many years, and I suspect it was probably considerably simpler when I first started to use it.  Then again, as much as I appreciate simplicity, I find that many of the programs I like best tend to be feature-rich.  I'm thinking of Directory Opus, ClipMate, Linkman, UltraEdit, and Surfulater, among others.  I probably use a very small percent of the features these programs offer, but in each case, they offer more of the features I want than do the competing programs I've tried, and I simply ignore all the features I don't care about.   One nice thing about these feature-rich programs is that when I find additional features I'd like, these programs usually already have them. 

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2011, 07:13 AM »
Stuf 2 is on bits du jour today.  For $13, I'm thinking about getting it- looks pretty interesting, and is networkable.

On another note Surfulater is there today too.

UPDATE: Just noticed that Stuf 2 requires Windows 7.  A killer for me.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2011, 02:38 PM »
Back years ago I tested ClipCache for a while. [...] revisited CC and bought it when on a special deal. It has been on my main laptop for a long time time now and has never crashed and I dont purge very often so there are a lot of clips
My impression was that it crashed on me not because of the number of clips, but something to do with the OS, and whatever other programs I have running.  Whatever the cause, I rarely run it now.

tranglos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2011, 04:44 PM »
I humbly submit one more :)

(Text only, no frills, my personal variation on Ditto)