topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 4:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Feature request: Tray option to quick-change target directories  (Read 3482 times)

TurboJosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • Die hard Win32 fan - favorite OS are Win2K & WinXP
    • View Profile
    • PowerTunePlus
    • Donate to Member
I keep ScreenshotCaptor opening all the time so it's ready anytime I want to snap the screen.

But I also often use ScreenshotCaptor for specific projects, and it's a pain to mix my project-specific screenshots into my "general screenshot dump directory".

Is there a way we could add a feature to Tray icon right click menu, that lets you point to the menu and the sub-menus are several Favorite Target Folders with a checkmark next to the current one?  And maybe an extra menu that says "Configure Favorite Targets" or something?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Feature request: Tray option to quick-change target directories
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 04:59 PM »
thats a nice idea.
let me ask.. i could do that.. or i could even have it so you could switch between completely separate full configuration sets; that would include changing the target directory but also other settings, like file naming properties, thumbnail settings; that might require the user to be a bit more advanced in order to set up the multiple settings though.

bob99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 05:48 PM »

How about something similar to your 'Move To' on the toolbar except 'Save To'.  Where SC brings up a list of previous used locations to quick click and also has 'Save To...' to bring up a browse folders window to create a new folder?  Either for immediate use or the future.
Having the ability to select pre-defined quick preference/profile changes would also be nice.  Could they be two different quick select choices or buttons? This could give the best of both worlds. Use either or both.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 05:58 PM »
i could just use the moveto list as the list to switch between screenshot saving directories from the tray -- that would be easiest and probably most common scenario.