topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:14 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Laser Turntable plays Records like a cd player!  (Read 4486 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Laser Turntable plays Records like a cd player!
« on: February 13, 2006, 03:54 AM »
http://www.audioturntable.com/

Welcome to the online home of the Laser Turntable! This technological marvel plays vinyl records with master tape sound quality and no wear. The Laser Turntable is perfect for record collectors, archivists and vinyl enthusiasts alike.

from digg (www.digg.com)

err... i'ts $8000 yipes!

vegas

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Laser Turntable plays Records like a cd player!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 04:21 AM »
My wet dream.  I've had my eye on this for over 2 years (it was over $12,000 then), too bad it doesn't look like the price will ever approach $1000 USD.  Would be a great way to be able to archive all vinyl in the highest possible quality & so much music only ever made it to vinyl, mostly extended versions, remixes, a cappella's, instrumentals, etc... If anyone gets the urge to send me one, you can PM me, otherwise if I win this next lottery for $300 million I will send one to everyone who posts in this thread. Sound like a deal?  hehe

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 08:21 AM »
vegas, mark me down, i'll have one when you win. i'll return the favour if i win.

didn't i read that vinyl is making a comeback - if it does, then i don't think it would be too much to expect these types of laser turntables to come down in price. hey, true audiophiles rubbish CD players and say vinyl is superior so we just need the average music lover to start saying the same thing. the record companies should back the idea anyway, as they can sell everyone vinyl copies of the CDs they already own.

around and around we go.

dingus

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • what u lukin at
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 11:32 PM »
vinyl and a tube amp !!
The tailless fox preaches taillessness

Mark0

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mark's home
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 07:55 AM »
I remember someone did something like scanning a vinyl, and then reconstructing a PCM stream analyzing the bitmap... even more cooler, albeit non just as effective! :)

Bye!