topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:03 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Kodingen.com - Free PHP web hosting with your own domain name and much more!  (Read 9697 times)

Codebyte

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • "Premature Optimization is the root of all evil."
    • View Profile
    • CodeByter.com
    • Donate to Member
Today, I stumbled across this rare gem. It's a website called Kodingen. They support free web hosting for web developers. They offer support for PHP and everything. You sign up, create your account and BAM. instant FTP access from web based stuff AND your desktop ftp client... It's sick. I might consider switching my web service to them for hosting once I feel better about centralizing my ftp credentials and checking to see how they do things, etc. Check it out:

http://kodingen.com/

Make sure you watch the screen cast. It's amazing.

I modified the title for a more eye-catching note in hopes of inspiring conversation about this amazing service.
CodeByter.com - http://www.codebyter.com
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 12:40 PM by Codebyte »

mahesh2k

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nice find :)

They have wordpress mu installed for free users. Looks good to me. If they allow shell access in web page like this and support ROR/Python then i'm going to switch to that service. Bandwidth and hard disk space prices looks cheap to me. I mean it is much more competitive than hostgator.

SKA

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Amazing find , codebyte

Seems a new/unique concept, maybe it could be the "next google" ?

Hope they dont "sell out" or get "bought out"

SKA
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 01:02 AM by SKA »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hope they dont "sell out" or get "bought out"

This.  That's my apprehension about using anything that I'll depend on that's not my own...

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
NECRO THREAD ARISE!

Kodingen has rebranded to just Koding.com and are having a storage space giveaway.

If you join using my referral link, we both get an extra 1GB of storage space:

EDIT: Wraith created a new thread here:

https://www.donation...ndex.php?topic=37112
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 03:18 AM by Deozaan »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Not sure if it's better to necro this or create a new one.  In the unread topics (and in the main topic) it doesn't look like it's a new bit, i.e. your change to the topic doesn't show.  I'm making a new thread, and referring them to this one.  I guess we can split the referrals :)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I don't get it.  In FAQ how to set up ftp it gives a command line but there's no terminal emulator.  Just an instant messenger type page.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
there should be a terminal also- look at the top row of icons.  The first is for social.  The second is for teamwork.  The third is for terminal, and the last is just for editing.  Right now, it's way overloaded.  If you got signed up, then I'd suggest actually checking it out another day.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
there should be a terminal also- look at the top row of icons.  The first is for social.  The second is for teamwork.  The third is for terminal, and the last is just for editing.  Right now, it's way overloaded.  If you got signed up, then I'd suggest actually checking it out another day.

OK.  Thanks.   :Thmbsup: