topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:48 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Downloading file behind rtmp stream  (Read 13462 times)

xsrossiter

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Downloading file behind rtmp stream
« on: August 19, 2010, 05:14 AM »
Hi everyone,

A radio station that used to post .pls links for the prior two weeks of programming has switched to a flash player that has no more functionality than Stop and Start. I wanted to be able to download the show's mp3 file and then play it through Winamp which has the seek bar amongst other things.

I am just beginning the jump into streaming audio and though I should post before getting too entangled with what is and is not possible in my situation.

Using UrlSnooper I gathered the following for a certain show:
rtmp://184.73.202.215/archives
http://kdhx.fm/archi...layer.rtmp-3.1.3.swf
http://kdhx.fm/archi...=gabrielstinpanalley

Looking at View page source for the web page in which the flash player is embedded:
url: 'mp3:archives/1281978625.mp3'
netConnectionUrl: 'rtmp://184.73.202.215/archives'

I am not sure if this is all of what is needed to construct the URL for downloading the mp3 file or not but it seemed 'useful'.

The web site in question is located here:
http://next.kdhx.org...briels-tin-pan-alley

Thanks for the help; I realize this question is redundant to some degree, but a push in the right direction is all I am hoping for.

Steve

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Downloading file behind rtmp stream
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 06:28 PM »
i tried a bunch of things but didn't have any luck.  everything you did seems like the right thing to do, and it seems like it shouldn't be too hard, but i couldnt get figure out how to grab anything.

xsrossiter

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 09:17 PM »
i tried a bunch of things but didn't have any luck.  everything you did seems like the right thing to do, and it seems like it shouldn't be too hard, but i couldnt get figure out how to grab anything.

Thanks mouser; if you had trouble then I guess anybody would, Steve.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 09:19 PM »
well i am by no means the expert in finding download links.. there are people a lot better than me.. maybe someone may still come along and figure it out.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 09:25 PM »
Have you given thought to simply emailing the site/station and see if they still offer those shows in an mp3 stream format?  Might be worth a shot.

mofohobo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • mofohobo
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 11:39 PM »

I've had luck with streamtransport it kicked out an rtmp link that streamtransport should be able to download,i think Net transport does this now too ,this software (Streamtransport) is the only thing I've seen that lets you download Hulu too.That being said this software will most likely get sued out of existence,but for now...  8)

Veblin

• Streaming Media Master
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 06:45 AM »
I use StreamTransport quite a bit. It does find the URL in this case but does crash on trying to download this because it is currently only designed to download FLV and not MP3 files.

The URL you get from StreamTransport or you construct from the page source can be downloaded with some download managers.
rtmp://184.73.202.215/archives/mp3:archives/1281978625.mp3

I used Orbit to download this but Net Transport or possibly any other one that can download rtmp protocol might work as well.
Orbit will try to append a .flv extension after the .mp3 but this can be removed before the download starts or after it finishes.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:28 AM by Veblin »

xsrossiter

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 03:26 AM »

I've had luck with streamtransport it kicked out an rtmp link that streamtransport should be able to download,i think Net transport does this now too ,this software (Streamtransport) is the only thing I've seen that lets you download Hulu too.That being said this software will most likely get sued out of existence,but for now...  8)

StreamTransport was able to give me the complete rtmp URL but crashed when I tried to download the file. Is there some conversion possible of the rtmp URL to an http link so that I might try the download in a download manager such as Free Download Manager? What is the rtmp link pointing to, an actual location on a server or simply a temporary stream created for the sake of playback but the actual file resides at a location having nothing to do with the various domains and folders within the rtmp link?

A link to a more current show: rtmp://184.73.202.215/archives/mp3:archives/1282505998.mp3

Thanks again, Steve.

Veblin

• Streaming Media Master
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 04:43 AM »