topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:39 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: JayIsGames.Com Casual Gameplay Design Competition #8 - Entries Now Playable!  (Read 5231 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
The theme for this casual online game competition was "Sandbox Games", and i can't wait to check some of these out.

The competition period will span 3 weeks during which all the entries will be judged by members of the JIG community. If you wish to be a judge, please read the rules and sign up here.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Cool. Thanks!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
submachine was quite good.. got stuck after 20 minutes or so.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
submachine was quite good.. got stuck after 20 minutes or so.

I got stuck in less than 2 minutes. I'm not sure, since I didn't get far, but I think the game lets you do stuff that breaks it. The first thing I did when I played was enter a number into the device and it broke into pieces. Then I couldn't do anything else with the machine (or its pieces) so I'm guessing I did something wrong with it?

Then I found a couple pieces of jade and put a switch back into a wall and flipped the switch (which didn't seem to do anything) and that was all I could figure out to do. :-[

Ampa

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • I am cute ;)
    • View Profile
    • MonkeyDash - 2 Player strategy boardgame
    • Donate to Member
Played a few of these now...

Rare Breeds: Petunias is amusing for a while. I tried to create the most warped flowers that I could and successfully engineered a stick, a blob, and something that looked like vomit.

Submachine seemed well put together, but it is too small to see the details clearly!

[Together] looked lovely, but catching the hearts felt like hard work after the first couple. In fact I never caught the 5th and quit the game!

Zoo Director is yuk! It really makes me appreciate all the Zoo Tycoons of this world!