topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:09 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: WindowMenuPlus freeware  (Read 5308 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
WindowMenuPlus freeware
« on: July 27, 2010, 09:42 PM »
I saw this mentioned on one of the tech sites.. probably Addictive Tips.. and decided to try it out.

http://www.moo0.com/...tware/WindowMenuPlus

WindowMenuPlus sticks some extra menu items in the window system menu. It doesn't show in Chrome and I'm assuming not in other apps that use Ribbon and don't have the system menu in the upper left corner, but if the window has a Taskbar icon then you should be able to get the menu there.

The "maximize to" command is pretty useful as it positions and sizes the window flush to a location on the desktop, such as right-top etc.. and can also maximize just horizontally or just vertically.

There's a "move to" that's not as useful since it only has Left Top Center Right Bottom and no left-top without risizing the window. I suggested they add that feature.

The other one I like is "find this program." It works similarly to my Home Folder utility. It opens the folder where the exe file lives. Only thing is there seems to be a small bug as it opens 2 folders to the same location.

But the main thing is, so far I don't feel any destabalization of my system.  Most gizmos that add menus and commands seem to make the shell fragile.  I'm only just trying it out but it seems solid to this point.  There are some other interesting toys on the site.  Might be a place to get a few utilities especially if you don't use all in one type window positioning utilities on your desktop.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 09:50 PM by MilesAhead »

nite_monkey

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Just Plain Super
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: WindowMenuPlus freeware
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:19 PM »
I just installed it, and so far I like it

WindowMenuPlus sticks some extra menu items in the window system menu. It doesn't show in Chrome and I'm assuming not in other apps that use Ribbon and don't have the system menu in the upper left corner, but if the window has a Taskbar icon then you should be able to get the menu there.
I found out that if you shift right click on the taskbar icon (or probably just right click in vista/xp) it will show you the extra menu items for chrome.
[Insert really cool signature here]

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 12:40 AM »
Yup, it does work.  Looks like they update frequently.  Plus they have a feedback thingy for suggestions.  The good thing is you can exclude some features so even if they implement many of the suggestions you can disable the ones you don't like.

I'm going to check out a few more of the utilities as I get time.

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 01:50 AM »
I use Moo Menus Right Clicker :Thmbsup:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 01:59 AM by CleverCat »

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 02:06 PM »
I use Moo Menus Right Clicker :Thmbsup:

which is posted on Addictive Tips today btw.

I've seen these moo0 apps mentioned before but never bothered to check them out. Now I'll take a look--thanks folks. :)