topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Giving away Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate with MSDN (free)  (Read 6470 times)

Veign

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Veign - Where design meets development
    • Donate to Member
Very simple (since I know lots of DC members are against Facebook), all you have to do is leave a comment on the blog post on why you want it and what you'll do with it.  Couldn't be easier.

Link:
http://www.veign.com...-ultimate-with-msdn/

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Giving away Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate with MSDN (free)
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 04:14 PM »
Very simple (since I know lots of DC members are against Facebook), all you have to do is leave a comment on the blog post on why you want it and what you'll do with it.  Couldn't be easier.

Link:
http://www.veign.com...-ultimate-with-msdn/

I have one suggestion.  They should award me a copy so that I can come back here and testify it ain't one of those contests where nobody really wins anything.  ;)

Veign

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 04:30 PM »
I'm not worried anyone would think that...

tbelleman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 04:37 PM »
It is more like, will I ever win something in my life after entering so many things.   :D   :up:  Maybe some day!!

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 04:41 PM »
It is more like, will I ever win something in my life after entering so many things.   :D   :up:  Maybe some day!!

All I know is if I hit the SuperGigaZillaBucks or whatever they call it, I wouldn't be on TV saying "even though I now have 20 $Billion I'm going to keep my job at the Post Office because I love pushing the mail around that comes in on the conveyor belt."

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 11:49 PM »
Easy for us :: Hard for you  ;)

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 06:06 AM »
All I know is if I hit the SuperGigaZillaBucks or whatever they call it, I wouldn't be on TV saying "even though I now have 20 $Billion I'm going to keep my job at the Post Office because I love pushing the mail around that comes in on the conveyor belt."

I have actually thought about this, and I would keep my current job, if I won the lottery - I like what I do, and the people I do it with.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 03:09 PM »

I have actually thought about this, and I would keep my current job, if I won the lottery - I like what I do, and the people I do it with.

If $20Billion doesn't change your thinking, I guess you wouldn't play in the first place. I mean, what's the point?

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010, 09:13 AM »

If $20Billion doesn't change your thinking, I guess you wouldn't play in the first place. I mean, what's the point?

More money = more opportunity to do what you already like?  I'm the same way.  I like what I do, and the people I do it with.  However, $20 Billion would let me enjoy my downtime in a wider variety of ways.  Just because I like working doesn't mean there's not use in the money.  Take a vacation to everywhere in the world.  Live exactly where you want.  Don't worry about balancing the checkbook every week, or your paycheck, because you really don't need it.  A job isn't *just* about money ideally, and taking away the money aspect would definitely make a job even more enjoyable than it is.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 09:56 AM by wraith808 »

Veign

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 09:01 AM »
Time is winding down to get entered.  All it takes is a comment on the blog post.