topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:24 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: (Old) Slowly discover your friends (concept for a service)  (Read 3208 times)

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The first iteration of Friennuendo used the metaphor of a line and visibility. By default, both participants would start on the left side of the line and the person to be friended would be on the right side. Users can move in discrete steps across the line and if one user moves to within the visibility range of the other user, a friend request is sent. The first iteration of Friennuendo also included the idea of private areas in which only the owner could access. Private areas allow users to “hide” from unwanted friend requests by always remaining invisible.

Personally, I didn't really like the concept and I think it's completely going the opposite direction of online friendship but I thought some of you may like to know about this. Longer version pointing out some of the immediate flaws that came to my mind (Not really worth clicking, I didn't think through most of my complaints)

from Figuring Shit Out