topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 12:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Auto Move Older Screenshots into Folders - Should not be default enabled  (Read 3791 times)

TurboJosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • Die hard Win32 fan - favorite OS are Win2K & WinXP
    • View Profile
    • PowerTunePlus
    • Donate to Member
The new Auto Move Older screenshots feature is a nice one for sure.

But in my opinion it is inappropriate for it to be enabled by default.  I found this out by surprise after upgrading ScreenshotCaptor recently.  I guard my data very carefully and found this an unwarranted manipulation of my data without my approval.

I also have Picasa and some other photo programs that rely upon my images being in certain folders and structures, so for ScreenshotCaptor to suddenly take my screenshots hostage and move them to a new series of folders , presents a risk to my configuration.

I hope you will reconsider auto-enabling this option.  Or at least post a one-time dialog upon upgrade, to notify users of this change in folder management.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
yeah i think you are not alone in saying this.. it was probably a mistake to make it default.
or at least do as you say and give a warning on first run about it.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Or at least post a one-time dialog upon upgrade, to notify users of this change in folder management.

this is a good idea..

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
 ;D I've just realised that SC was doing this... explains the missing graphics  :P