topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:59 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: DONE: app to rotate multi-page images  (Read 42889 times)

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: app to rotate multi-page images
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2010, 09:28 AM »
@deano: One thing I noticed in the sample file you sent me is that, not only is it vertically flipped, it's horizontally flipped as well.  Are they all like this?

deano

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2010, 09:43 AM »
Can you double check this?  I checked the attachment again and it just looks vertically flipped to me i.e if i rotate it 180 degrees it would look normal.    :-\

It shouldn't be horizontally flipped.  That would make it mirrored, yes and not easily readable?  None of the faxed images I get are like that, they are all just upside down.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2010, 09:48 AM »
Doh...my stupid error.   :-[

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2010, 03:01 PM »
Give this a shot and see if it's what you had in mind.  If so, I'll set up the typical webpage, write a help file and release it.

http://skwire.dcmemb...urvy/TIFFsyTurvy.zip

2010-07-04_145632.pngDONE: app to rotate multi-page images

deano

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2010, 03:21 PM »
Give this a shot and see if it's what you had in mind.  If so, I'll set up the typical webpage, write a help file and release it.

http://skwire.dcmemb...urvy/TIFFsyTurvy.zip
 (see attachment in previous post)

Superb, it works!  Many thanks.  I love a simple app that does exactly what you need it to do :)

Just one thing; i clicked Help,About Contents, and the message box is empty. Edit-  sorry you clearly said you would write a Help File. 

Presumably this would have the answers to these questions;

* What does Edit, Launch File do?
* What do the Get data... and Update highlighted... buttons do?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 03:27 PM by deano »

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2010, 03:24 PM »
Love the name   ;D

deano

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2010, 03:25 PM »
Love the name   ;D

I forgot to mention that, that's superb naming :)  :Thmbsup:

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2010, 03:31 PM »
Superb, it works!  Many thanks.  I love a simple app that does exactly what you need it to do :)

Great.  I'm glad it's working for you.  =]

Just one thing; i clicked Help,About and the message box is empty.  Presumably this would have the answers to these questions;

Doh, forgot to take out the Edit, Launch entry.  As for the other buttons:
  • Get data from focused row -- This will populate the the radio button cluster and the output directory field below the listview with the data from the focused row.
  • Update highlighted rows -- Let's say you just dropped a slew of TIFF files on the listview.  Highlight them all, choose a rotation, set the output directory field and then click that button.  ALL highlighted rows will be updated with your entered values.  It's a quick way to set the rotation/output data for lots of rows.

deano

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2010, 03:45 PM »
Superb, it works!  Many thanks.  I love a simple app that does exactly what you need it to do :)

Great.  I'm glad it's working for you.  =]

Just one thing; i clicked Help,About and the message box is empty.  Presumably this would have the answers to these questions;

Doh, forgot to take out the Edit, Launch entry.  As for the other buttons:
  • Get data from focused row -- This will populate the the radio button cluster and the output directory field below the listview with the data from the focused row.
  • Update highlighted rows -- Let's say you just dropped a slew of TIFF files on the listview.  Highlight them all, choose a rotation, set the output directory field and then click that button.  ALL highlighted rows will be updated with your entered values.  It's a quick way to set the rotation/output data for lots of rows.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Mucho thanks once again Skwire, I do believe that this will provide a genuine boost to my productivity.  I'll drop you a donation as a token of my appreciation.

On a technical note would you be able to explain how you did it?  Was it all autohotkey or something else?  And would you have the source code?  As I said way back at the top of this thread I am trying to learn how to create different kinds of programs on Windows and would like to make things like this for other people as well.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2010, 04:04 PM »
Mucho thanks once again Skwire, I do believe that this will provide a genuine boost to my productivity.  I'll drop you a donation as a token of my appreciation.

You're welcome.  I'm happy to help out.

On a technical note would you be able to explain how you did it?  Was it all autohotkey or something else?  And would you have the source code?  As I said way back at the top of this thread I am trying to learn how to create different kinds of programs on Windows and would like to make things like this for other people as well.

The interface is all AutoHotkey.  The grunt work behind the scenes is done by convert.exe from the ImageMagick suite and tiffinfo.exe from the LibTIFF suite.  I use convert.exe to do the rotation and converting from TIFF to JPG (using the "/rotate #" parameter).  The tiffinfo.exe I use for determining how many pages are in the TIFF file.

AutoHotkey is superb for making front-ends that utilise commandline executables and/or DLL files.  Initially, I had intended to use the GDI+ library to do it all but I couldn't find a way to get the number of pages in a TIFF file using it so I wrote it using IrfanView doing the image manipulation.  However, I remembered that you wanted to use this at work and IrfanView's license doesn't allow that without paid registration.  I then rewrote it using the current ImageMagick/LibTIFF method, hence the delay in getting it to you.

Does that help clear things up?

deano

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2010, 05:02 PM »

You're welcome.  I'm happy to help out.

The interface is all AutoHotkey.  The grunt work behind the scenes is done by convert.exe from the ImageMagick suite and tiffinfo.exe from the LibTIFF suite.  I use convert.exe to do the rotation and converting from TIFF to JPG (using the "/rotate #" parameter).  The tiffinfo.exe I use for determining how many pages are in the TIFF file.

AutoHotkey is superb for making front-ends that utilise commandline executables and/or DLL files.  Initially, I had intended to use the GDI+ library to do it all but I couldn't find a way to get the number of pages in a TIFF file using it so I wrote it using IrfanView doing the image manipulation.  However, I remembered that you wanted to use this at work and IrfanView's license doesn't allow that without paid registration.  I then rewrote it using the current ImageMagick/LibTIFF method, hence the delay in getting it to you.

Does that help clear things up?

Yep, that's pretty interesting, I'm going to see what I can code with autohotkey as well as continuing with C#.    Cheers,  :Thmbsup:

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: DONE: app to rotate multi-page images
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2011, 03:32 AM »
Website | Download
v1.0.2 - 2011-02-05
    + Added option to handle F Class TIFFs.  Enable this option if your
      resulting JPEG files appear to be squashed or stretched horizontally and
      process the list again.  (Thanks, H. Mechanic)
    + Added option to output straight to PDF instead of separate JPEG files.
    * The default output directory for added files is now the same folder as the
      original file.  This can be changed using the 'Modify list data' section.
      (Thanks, H. Mechanic)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 03:40 AM by skwire »

deano

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2011, 04:23 AM »
Website | Download
v1.0.2 - 2011-02-05
    + Added option to handle F Class TIFFs.  Enable this option if your
      resulting JPEG files appear to be squashed or stretched horizontally and
      process the list again.  (Thanks, H. Mechanic)
    + Added option to output straight to PDF instead of separate JPEG files.
    * The default output directory for added files is now the same folder as the
      original file.  This can be changed using the 'Modify list data' section.
      (Thanks, H. Mechanic)

I can't seem to grab this - the download stops about two-thirds of the way through?

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2011, 04:47 AM »
Hm, looks like that server needs a kick in the butt (or a disk is failing). It's slow as mud through a coffee filter... from about 2 MB of 3.55 and stopped at 2.34 MB, first part was quite OK :'(

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2011, 10:27 AM »
I can't seem to grab this - the download stops about two-thirds of the way through?

Hm, looks like that server needs a kick in the butt (or a disk is failing). It's slow as mud through a coffee filter... from about 2 MB of 3.55 and stopped at 2.34 MB, first part was quite OK :'(

Seemed to work for me just now...

deano

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2011, 11:06 AM »

Seemed to work for me just now...

Yeah, the intertubes have become unclogged.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 11:55 AM by deano »

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2011, 01:11 PM »
Just retried from another place, with another tube connected to the intertubes, and, although slow to start, got it in a few seconds this time.