topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 2:13 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Comcast wins "Worst Company In America" Award for 2010  (Read 5242 times)

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Comcast wins "Worst Company In America" Award for 2010
« on: June 25, 2010, 08:13 PM »
poopComcast.jpg

After two years as a bridesmaid in Consumerist's Worst Company In America tournament, it was finally the cable company's time to walk down the aisle when it was handed the WCIA crown this morning. And now that Comcast has tasted victory, it's not asking for seconds.

In a statement released after hearing this morning's news, a rep from Comcast says the company is taking it seriously:

“We’re working everyday to improve our customers’ experiences with us, including offering a Customer Guarantee that’s backed by significant operational changes. We’ve taken steps over the past two years to improve our product reliability and service, and if a problem does occur, we work to quickly to resolve it, find the root cause and make changes so it won’t happen again."

Source

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Comcast wins "Worst Company In America" Award for 2010
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 09:51 PM »
I hope that is brass plated Shite for the award....Comcast is so bad (IMHO) they do not deserve an ingot of gold  >:(

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 11:36 PM »
Comcast? Seriously? Well, I guess BP wasn't in the running since they're a UK company... :D

- Oshyan

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 05:14 PM »
I'm an Insight customer and a couple years ago some convuluted deal that Comcast & Insight had been collaborating reached its end date and a lot of markets that were branded Insight converted over to Comcast branded markets.

Since Insight's been nothing but great for me I was very worried when the possibility came up that I might soon be a Comcast customer. I've never experienced Comcast, but I'd read enough stories on the internet to know I didn't want to lose my awesome Insight experience.

How close of a call was it? When all the dust settled every market in my state but two were converted to Comcast. Thankfully, I lived in one of the two cities where Insight decided to maintain a presence.