topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 10:41 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: The ultimate personal affirmation video  (Read 2605 times)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The ultimate personal affirmation video
« on: May 24, 2010, 09:38 AM »
Its not often I'm absolutely bowled over by a video. But this is one of those times.

Here's a toddler by the name of Jessica who raises the notion of "affirmation" to a whole new level.

Makes me want to go out and "seize the day." (As soon as I can stop laughing and get up off the floor.)

http://www.boingboin...ag+%28Boing+Boing%29

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: The ultimate personal affirmation video
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 11:14 AM »
hey 40...at what age does that morning ritual turn into:
"F you...F you...F YOU...and, yes, F you too!"

Just kidding, I'm not THAT cynical yet.

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 11:34 AM »
About 4 and 5 if the kids in the next booth over from us were anything to go by last time we went out for pizza. Both kids were swearing up a storm and not being all that quiet about it either.   

Both sets of well-dressed parents sat there talking to each other, totally oblivious to the words coming out of their kids' mouths - and the glares from most of the other tables.

Rather sad when you think about it... :(

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 12:06 PM »
About 4 and 5 if the kids in the next booth over from us were anything to go by last time we went out for pizza. Both kids were swearing up a storm and not being all that quiet about it either.   

Both sets of well-dressed parents sat there talking to each other, totally oblivious to the words coming out of their kids' mouths - and the glares from most of the other tables.

Rather sad when you think about it... :(
Ha!  Sad...seriously.  I'm a 1st generation American, so a joke I like to make among friends in situations like that is to blame it on the "Americans".  So, I'll be like, "See what happens with you Americans."  Tongue in cheek, of course.  Reminds me of a Russel Peters skit.