topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:35 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: A unified FARR / Launcher Interface Proposal  (Read 47519 times)

murdock01

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: A unified FARR / Launcher Interface Proposal
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2011, 01:25 PM »
I think I like this idea but the way I see it is:
I still think farr should be on its own, likewise lbc; but I think it would be neat to have a plugin or a menu item in lbc to link to the farr directory and "mount" farr in to a menu item in lbc (see picture).
This way farr can continue on its own development path, as does lbc; you can just "mount' farr into lbc. I would think the farr configuration options are still controlled in farr. Lbcs config screen would be the same except the options used to link to farr.
one option could be a hot key overide that, instead of bringing up farr in its own dialog, would set the focus and cursor to the mounted farr - so basically the operation is the same, you would just start typing in the mounted farr instead of a separate window.
Another option could be to somehow share the information in lbc with farr, like the paths of the buttons in lbc. I dont know if this would be usefull but...

I run both all the time and I like the idea of a link, or bridge, between the two but I dont think I want to see them merged into one big program.
This way everyone can run the programs how they like.