topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:38 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Problem with windowblinds + a couple of suggestions  (Read 5692 times)

alexp

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Is cheese the plural of choose?????
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Problem with windowblinds + a couple of suggestions
« on: January 29, 2006, 06:52 AM »
Problem

While using sc with certain windowsblinds skins I have noticed the following problems.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/7711/screenshot290120061155402mt.png
Problem with windowblinds + a couple of suggestions

The file menu at the top is seethrough, and also the buttons down the right hand side.

This only happens with a few skins so I'm not 100% sure if there is actually anything you can do to rectify the problem.

Suggestions

Some of these have probably been asked before but it doesn't hurt to ask again.

1. Have a menu option to backup both the licence key and preferences to separate files.  I'm constantly reinstalling windows and it's a bit of a pain to reconfigure sc and get my key. It would be much easier just to be able to drop two files into the directory and vola, jobs done.

2. In the templates section it would be good if there was a part of the windows which shows what the formatting of the filename is going to look like, it would automatically update whenever you changed the formatting.

3. Again in the templates when the "help on fields" window is open it renders the main sc options window unusable, meaning you have got to constantly open and close it to see what you are wanting to change, could you make it so that the main sc option window would let you type in it so yo don't have to constantly open/close the help window??

4. I'm sure this one has been asked before but are there any plans to implement anything like ShellUploader into sc??
Why is it that writers write, but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce, and hammers don't ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So, one moose, 2 meese? One index, two indices? Is cheese the plural of choose?

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Problem with windowblinds + a couple of suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 07:01 AM »
Hey Alex!
That is some seriously strange behaviour going on there..
Some of mouser programs have problems with windows with different (bigger) font types than the default ones. Do you think it could have something to do with that? If it does, mouser is already aware of that ;)
As for 4, you already can right-click the image on the left pane and access that menu, or do you mean having that menu as a button on sc?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 07:03 AM »
as for #1,
i should put this in the helpfile, but here goes:
go to your screenshot captor directory and there you will find:
ScreenshotCaptor.ini
DonationCoder_ScreenshotCaptor_Key.dat

the first is your preferences, the second is your license key; that's all you need to do to do what you want.

#2. good idea, ill see if i can add it.

#3. one rule i have is after a couple people request the same thing i know i have to implement it; your not the first to ask for this, so i will implement it right away.

#4. i want this tool as well.
since the lefthand thumbnails is a shell browser, you SHOULD be able to use a tool like shelluploader on those files.  sc also has a Tools menu where you can customize exterenal tools which should also make this possible.  i really am hoping to see some people configure and post how to configure tools to do what you are saying, as well as a tool for emailing images, etc.

alexp

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Is cheese the plural of choose?????
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 09:15 AM »
#1 Thanks for the information
#2 cool
#3 again, cool
#4 it's weird, after I restarted sc all the context options appeared on the right click menu, unlike before when I posted the question only a few of the context options would appear. It's all good now though, it would/could be useful if it was possible to upload a screenshot directly after capture, a couple of less clicks but it's no big worry.

I have just added sc to the exclusions list for windowblinds so it's not a real bit deal, it's just I did a search and didn't find any topics concerning windowblinds and sc.
Why is it that writers write, but fingers don't fing, grocers don't groce, and hammers don't ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn't the plural of booth beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So, one moose, 2 meese? One index, two indices? Is cheese the plural of choose?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 09:40 AM »
there has been a report in the past about missing context menu items on right click in the thumbnail browser, the only reason i havent spent more time trying to track it down is because that browser thumbnail window is due to be replaced by me with a smarter thumbnail browser in the near future.

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 01:35 PM »
Good to know that, mouser. I've hade the same problems with the context menu sometimes not appearing.
One advice that works with me, alexp:
When you record a snapshot, on the left pane go one folder up (you might get an error doing this, i have, just ignore it) and back, and all the options appear again. Hope that smart thumbnail browser won't take long ;)

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 01:37 PM »
Yeah... the current thumbnail browser component that Mouser uses seems to be a pretty unstable POS :)
- carpe noctem