topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 11:55 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Changed settings don't all get implemented?  (Read 26629 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Changed settings don't all get implemented?
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2010, 11:30 AM »
More updates:
I came back to my cubicle and saw the screen was blank.  I don't know what's happening.  Last week if I came back, I would see a different message.  Now it's blank.  Something is happening after a few minutes that is strange.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2010, 11:42 AM »
i'm fairly positive what's happening is the screensaver is kicking in on top of the away message executable.
try right clicking on your display and checking out and previewing your screensaver settings.  try setting the screensaver to something else other than MPQ.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2010, 03:20 PM »
i'm fairly positive what's happening is the screensaver is kicking in on top of the away message executable.
try right clicking on your display and checking out and previewing your screensaver settings.  try setting the screensaver to something else other than MPQ.
Ah!  That makes sense.  Well, I just tried what you suggested and it worked.  But, I'm still having a problem with the fonts.  It's using the default white font still.

I don't get the font thing.  Here's what's happening.  I have a history of away messages now.  Some of them abide by my custom font settings and some don't.  The ones that don't go to the default white font.  I can't figure out why some messages do it and some don't.  It seems random to me.  Like my lunch message will always be in white.  My meeting message always works ok.