topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Mention of Find and Run Robot in www.downloadsquad.com!  (Read 8096 times)

Amadawn

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mention of Find and Run Robot in www.downloadsquad.com!
« on: January 27, 2006, 12:38 PM »
Hi guys,

I just wanted to let you know that Find and Run Robot has been mentioned in the "Today's Free File" section of www.downloadsquad.com, which by the way is one of the coolest web pages on the Net! :D They review all sorts of cool programs and other hacks and they seem to have liked FRR a lot.

Mouser, it is a pity that you do not have a better picture of FRR on the main page, because they used the picture with the default skin and they even mention that the default skin does not look nearly as good as most of the other skins.

Anyway, I think this is really cool, and hopefully it will let more people know about FRR and DonationCoder.

Cheers,

Angel

P.S.- By the way it seems that they reviewed FRR after they saw my comment in the comment thread of a previous article that they made about SlickRun  :D
P.S.2.- The link to the actual article is http://www.downloadsquad.com/2006/01/27/find-and-run-robot-todays-free-file/.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 12:40 PM by Amadawn »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Mention of Find and Run Robot in www.downloadsquad.com!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 04:25 PM »
wonderful!!
amadawn thanks for bringing this to our attention, and bringing f+r to their attention.

i've said it before but it really is so important that it needs repeating, we rely on word of mouth to let people know about our programs, our site, and what we are trying to do here.  it is so hard to get out the word about a site like ours and things like this make all the difference in the world.

i also can't tell you how much all the activity on this section about f+r and all the suggestions put into the bug tracker inspires me to get back to work on v2 and make it live up to all of your hopes for it.  i know with all of you thinking up such great new features that as good as v1 might be, v2 is going to be a whole different level of cool :)

jdmarch

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 06:51 PM »
Every 2-4 years I come across a utility which is so good that it transforms my work style. I can think of three such utilities in the past decade; FARR is one of those 3.

Amadawn

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 08:03 PM »
Every 2-4 years I come across a utility which is so good that it transforms my work style. I can think of three such utilities in the past decade; FARR is one of those 3.

Hey, what are the other 2?!? :)

Amadawn

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 08:12 PM »
By the way, mouser, I saw some of your coments in some internet forum the other day, where someome was asking for free alternatives to appRocket and you were answering to someone that said that FRR is not free. I was impressed by the vision that you show for this site and for your software! That made me even happier when I saw you guys mentionned by downloadsquad.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 08:20 PM »
thanks amadawn, that means a lot to me.

for those interested in following the long thread and discussion that amadawn is referring to see this post where we discussed it:
https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=1756.0

and the full usenet thread here: http://groups.google...ead/7e3e5755136b0a54

its actually a thread started on the usenet group alt.comp.freeware but mirrored on some web forums.

jdmarch

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 08:24 PM »

Hey, what are the other 2?!? :)
[/quote]

Total Commander ghisler.com - I live in this app - Windows Explorer replacement.

Beyond Compare scootersoftware.com - don't use it quite as often since discovering Total Commander, but when I need it, it's still the best at what it does - file and folder comparison and synchronization.

The previous transformative utilities which I've been using for 20 years (though they are still being enhanced every year) and are still very useful, are the command processors (replacements for cmd.exe) from jpsoftware.com. Very powerful commands, incredible batch file capabilities.

I should also mention my two recent great loves: Clipmate clipmate.com and Roboform roboform.com

Of course Irfanview irfanview.com is superb.

These are all from small developers.