topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 9:59 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: FARR Freezes on Second Launch  (Read 2771 times)

CatamountJack

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FARR Freezes on Second Launch
« on: December 22, 2009, 11:15 AM »
The problem I accidentally reported here (https://www.donation....msg187945#msg187945) has reappeared.  FARR appears ok on the first launch (after I hit Alt+Space, my launch string), but the second time I hit it the program freezes.  I don't have to hit anything other than Alt+Space and the freeze happens as soon as the window appears, before any history is displayed.  So I kill the process, re-start FARR, and it will happen again (always on the second launch) indefinitely until I reboot.

The first time it happened I thought it was an isolated incident, but it seems to be happening on maybe on every 4th or 5th time I start my computer (so seemingly randomly, but repeatedly).  Usually a reboot will fix it - but sometimes it takes two.

Win7 64-bit, FARR 2.80.02.  When this first happened, I disabled all of my plug-ins one by one until there were none left, but it didn't help.

Is there any information I can provide that would help pinpoint the issue?

Thanks!