topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: NANY 2010 - Prizes  (Read 12981 times)

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
NANY 2010 - Prizes
« on: December 22, 2009, 03:31 AM »
STOP PRESS: The NANY 2010 Store Opens

We've added this year's prizes to the
Screenshot - 22_12_2009 , 8_14_34 PM.png

nudone has produced some really wonderful graphics for this year's NANY Prizes  :-* And there are going to be some very proud owners parading up and down the street or sitting prominently in the tea room at work places around the world.

Getting Your Prize
Each Entrant that fulfills their NANY 2010 Pledge will receive one of our unique NANY Mugs delivered to your door. When redeeming their item there are other items there that can be purchased in conjunction with, or instead of the mug that has been allowed for in the voucher that they will receive (a monetary addition may be required). Please note that the NANY 2010 Store prices are currently in their inflated state with a hefty markup; these will be adjusted when Entrants are redeeming their vouchers.

Interested in joining the fun?
If you still have not Pledged your entry into this year's NANY Event, there's still time to get in on the fun! Read the NANY Instructions then head on over to the Pledge Thread and start coding! If you're looking for an idea we've been collecting some in the Suggestion Thread.

Current NANY 2010 Items (liable to change: we're working on some other nifty ideas as we speak  :))

Modified Graphics
The opportunity exists again this year for any Entrant to modify the graphic used on their prize. If you would like to use a modified graphic please note:
  • You are responsible for the modified graphic
  • Email me for further details
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 05:47 PM by Perry Mowbray »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2010 - Prizes
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 10:16 AM »
A clarification about prizes..

In an effort to simplify and standardize (and because the cafepress produced mugs are really great quality and some of the other things less so) things we were thinking we would focus on the mugs as the official reward for NANY participants.

But because it's easy to make additional things available in the cafe press shop, and people occasionally have their heart set on something else, we can create additional items in the shop -- most are priced by cafepress at substantially more than the mugs.  A few are less (a nice mousepad).

So we thought that the easiest thing to do is to send all participants a certificate that will pay for a NANY mug, delivered to your door.  But if you have your heart set on another item you can instead apply that certificate towards another item instead which will be in the shop.  When the time comes all items will be set to $0 markup at cafepress so you any upgrade or additional items you purchase you will be only paying what they charge -- no profit to DC.  [As Perry said the prices are temporarily set now so that no one tries to buy anything at this time.]
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 10:44 AM by mouser »

Veign

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Veign - Where design meets development
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 11:04 AM »
One thing I think you should make available (same price as the mug) is the Teddy Bear.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 11:30 PM »
TeddyBear added, along with some other stuff... I note that the polos seem to use embroidery so the image is not going to look right.. maybe we can just use some simple text in this case, like "DonationCoder.com | N.A.N.Y. 2010"

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 11:36 PM »
 :-* and aint it cute!!

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 11:45 PM »
maybe we can just use some simple text in this case, like "DonationCoder.com | N.A.N.Y. 2010"

NanyText.pngNANY 2010 - Prizes

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 12:17 AM »
can you make me a version of that where the black areas are saved as transparent in the image format?

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 12:26 AM »
can you make me a version of that where the black areas are saved as transparent in the image format?

Is that big enough? I was really just mocking it up...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 10:46 AM »
Ok everyone should have received by email a cafepress certificate to use to redeem your mugs, and email from me explaining how to use it.

If you submitted a NANY entry and did not receive these, email me! ([email protected])