topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:51 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Strange..  (Read 5696 times)

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Strange..
« on: January 13, 2006, 02:15 PM »
Sorry for bugging you guys with something that most probably is my computer's (more specifically,my shell's) fault.But i really need to know if the time has came for me to change back to explorer :P
It isn't the first time that I've had problems that nobody else had,but i think i should report this anyways.
Below is a demonstration of my problem.Sometimes,when i get back to cs after it has been in the tray,it behaves like that,it just doesn't respond to anything other the close button (in my shell,right-clicking the top bar is the same as clicking the close button).But still,as i hover over the menu selections and toolbar items,the respond..Am I the only one that gets this type of thing?
(as i think i am,can someone please throw me a good lightweight and highly configurable shell to use instead of explorer?)
thanks!

(couldn't upload the file...got it into yousendit.com *sorry!*)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Strange..
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 02:21 PM »
the new screenshot captor "redbox" object selection mode does use a mouseblocking hook to  prevent mouse clicks from triggering windows keypresses and clicks to enable capturing of menus.. i guess it's possible that somewhere in that process the block is being left in place. 

when this happens does it only effect clicking menus and buttons from within screenshot captor?

what i can do is make an option in screenshot captor to never use this mouseclick+key blocking (so you would use right ctrl slick to capture menus, and we can see if that solves it.  you might also try rebooting just to see if its some holdover from earlier versions of the screenshot captor keyboard+mouse hook dll.

note that these keyboard+mousehook blocking i talk of are only loaded at runtime with screenshot captor, and have no other lasting effecting on your system - so if the problem happens even when not using screenshot captor, then its definitely not screenshot captor to blame.

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 02:32 PM »
hum..i guess i didn't explain myself very well :S
What i showed,has only effect over sc,before that happened,i was using the computer without any problems,and even when sc is maximized,i can use opera,for instance and have no problem using it..
Now that you mention it,earlier today,the last time i used sc,i did the redbox in opera,possibly your're right.
I don't think it has anything to do with rebooting,since rebooted last night,after installing sc.
Maybe we could tray to see if somewone else has the same problem,and check if it's my shell's problem or not,there's no need to chage the program if i'm the only one experiencing problems...
(I will now try to test a bit more to see if it really if from the red box selection or not)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 02:43 PM »
so when it happens - it only happens to screenshot captor - you can still access menus and stuff in other programs?  that doesnt seem like it could be caused by my mouse blocking code, which would block all such clicking..

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 02:46 PM »
Just made a few tests and i got to these conclusions (it gets stranger by the minute  :huh:):
1) if i only capture with prtsc,no problems.i can do as many captures as i want an nothing goes wrong.
2) if i do a capture with redbox,i can then edit it and everything,and no problems again.
3) if i do any capture (with redbox or prtsc) after the one with redbox,no problems and everything runs smooth.
4) after all,the problem has nothing to do with captures or not.it's in the icon on the taskbar.if i restore sc's window after doing a capture,i have no problems at all.but if i restore it by double-clicking in the taskbar icon,it acts like that.even immediately after sc being loaded.
So,i'm back with having problems with sc's icon..(Before this,i already hd problems with the icon and my shell,because it acts diferently from any other icon i have)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 02:52 PM »
yes it definitely sounds like its some interaction betweent he screenshot captor tray icon and your shell.. ill look over the code and see if anything jumps out at me.